Saturday 10/20 Twilight Milonga [monthly tango dance] $free (class 8 pm)

  • LUIC
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19 3:19 PM
      The tango is free for the juggler list..
      You can offer to donate $1-5 (there is wine, yerbe mate.. light

      Saturday 10/20 Twilight Milonga [monthly tango dance] $10 (class 8 pm)

      Twilight Milonga
      (Formerly Oasis)

      Third Saturdays at FIREFLY STUDIO..
      Tango class 8 PM..
      Yerbe Mate, Filtered water, chips, wine..
      Upgraded sound system

      See restaurant reviews on the nearby square..,
      Tango class 8 PM (before the dance)..,
      Mixed old/new tango..,
      A little swing blues, and salsa..

      * * * --- N E W --- L O C A T I O N --- * * *

      Firefly Studio
      1026-C Atlanta Avenue
      Decatur, Ga 30030
      MAP: http://fireflystudiodecatur.com/contact.html
      *** This is less than a mile from the Decatur square, with parking at
      the door. Take College Ave (Dekalb Ave, same thing), towards Little 5
      points.. Less than a mile down on the right (look for Thinking Man
      Tavern, at a light, on your right).. Located in a parking lot behind
      the tavern..

      The last year or so I have sampled several restaurants around the
      decatur square.. Here is my opinion.. Please share with the group if
      you like a place around the square (email me)..

      I have heard the Iberian pig and the thai place are both good (both
      near CORE) (but havent been to either).. Sweet Melissas is good too
      (hamburgers, etc, normal food at normal prices)..

      *** Good and affordable.. I had the chicken teriyaki several times,
      and it was great every time, and so was the soup and salad ($10.50)..
      I had a iced green tea that was good too.. Location, next to CORE
      studio on the square..

      Everyone else loves it, I didnt.. Lots of beer.. Location, next to
      CORE studio..

      PARK at the door.. This place has the best teriyaki IMHO.. More
      expensive than sushi avenue: chicken and shrimp teriyaki was about
      $15, plus $2 for the miso soup.. I usually go here because its damn
      good.. However, I did have bad chicken one time (tasted funny)..
      Located in the big parking lot behind the CVS (as you drive around the

      FROYOLO is on the square near the gazebo..
      And I was told yogurt-tap makes their own. Near java monkey coffee
      (church and ponce).. Easier parking than the square..

      Atlanta�s only mixed music milonga (tango dance)..
      Beginner Friendly early evening (tango class at 8PM)..

      PICTURES from DEC, 2011:

      The majority of the music is tango (traditional and modern).. We
      sneak in some blues, salsa, and swing.. Tango dance and music are
      always evolving. Since modern, tango builds on the old as it evolves,
      the music we play, and the dance we teach are likewise both
      traditional, and Modern., Modern also means any gender can lead or
      follow by choice, rather than by gender dictation. Changing lead and
      follow roles is always OK as a modern idea, just for fun, or to
      improve your dancing.

      Everyone is welcome at Oasis tango..,

      $10, 8 PM CLASS

      EXAMPLE of modern tango dance: ,

      There is a class before the monthly dance 8PM, and every Sunday 3PM
      class (more info at www.tangooasis.com)..

      All classes are beginner friendly, and you do not need a partner.. For
      intermediate dancers, we usually break off into two tracks.. Practice
      on your own, or join our class. The secret to taking your dance to the
      next level is refining the tango fundamentals. Kwang and Brian�s
      ADVANCED class is going very well. Their style strongly resembles the
      style I have seen in Chicago and New Jersey with world famous teachers
      like Frenanda/Giullermo, and Nancy/Damian who teach all over the
      world. This is an exciting opportunity to learn modern tango. Also,
      musicality is an integral part of our classes.. And we endeavor not to
      burden you with having to come to a series of classes.. Rather we make
      the 2 hours of class progressive instead. Shoes should be able to
      pivot on the floor (not be too sticky).. It is suggested followers
      wear closed toes shoes.. ,

      Rotating with the class is always optional, but recommended. ,

      I suggest you show up early and try one of the restaurants on the
      square.. I saw pubs, Sweet Melissa's, 3 pizza places, thai and raging
      burrito for starters.. If you drive around the square, there are about
      20 more restaurants in walking distance., ,

      DECATUR: , See map to get to Decatur.. ,
      Once there the main square is easy to find. The dance studio is on the
      square.. I suggest you drive around the square to see all the
      restaurants, and to find the parking decks..,

      PARK FREE ,
      USE THE DECK ON SWANSON WAY (where the busses are).. ,
      When you find the square, this is one place where you can go around
      the block (keep making right, or left turns).. There is only a parking
      deck on trinity, and another on Swanson Way.. Both appear to be FREE

      AFTER YOU PARK: , Go out on foot to Swanson Way, then walk toward
      MARTA (go straight, no turns).

      Several Dancers Core dance studio will be down about a block on your
      right.. , ,

      LOCATION: , Several Dancers Core in Decatur.. , www.tangooasis.com,