Saturday: OASIS TANGO 7/21 [monthly] DANCE $10 (class 8 pm)

  • LUIC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2012
      I occasionally cross post my monthly tango dance, to a few lists I am
      on (bobbler)..

      TANGO OASIS

      The best of modern and traditional tango

      (a little swing, salsa and blues)..

      Class 8PM, then dance starts 9PM..

      We expect 15-25 people.. The age range runs from teen agers to retired
      people.. This is not a loud nightclub environment.. The playlist is
      chosen by 3 or 4 different people (I ask my friends for their favorite
      tango music)..

      MUSIC:
      Go to the www.tangooasis.com website to hear examples of the music..

      PICTURES :
      http://www.tangooasis.com/pictures.html

      MEETUP:

      http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance/

      Tango dance and music are always evolving. Since modern, tango builds
      on the old as it evolves, the music we play, and the dance we teach
      are likewise both traditional, and Modern., Modern also means any
      gender can lead or follow by choice, rather than by gender dictation.
      Changing lead and follow roles is always OK as a modern idea, just for
      fun, or to improve your dancing. We play mostly music we can tango to,
      but also some blues, salsa, and swing..,

      Everyone is welcome at Oasis tango..,

      THIRD SATURDAY's
      $10, 8 PM CLASS
      FREE PARKING ,
      www.tangooasis.com,

      EXAMPLE of modern tango dance: ,
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LLuB-wP1cU,...

      CLASS:

      There is a class before the monthly dance 8PM, and every Sunday 3PM
      class (more info at www.tangooasis.com)..

      All classes are beginner friendly, and you do not need a partner.. For
      intermediate dancers, we usually break off into two tracks.. Practice
      on your own, or join our class. The secret to taking your dance to the
      next level is refining the tango fundamentals. Kwang and Brian�s
      ADVANCED class is going very well. Their style strongly resembles the
      style I have seen in Chicago and New Jersey with world famous teachers
      like Frenanda/Giullermo, and Nancy/Damian who teach all over the
      world. This is an exciting opportunity to learn modern tango. Also,
      musicality is an integral part of our classes.. And we endeavor not to
      burden you with having to come to a series of classes.. Rather we make
      the 2 hours of class progressive instead. Shoes should be able to
      pivot on the floor (not be too sticky).. It is suggested followers
      wear closed toes shoes.. ,

      Rotating with the class is always optional, but recommended. ,

      FOOD:
      I suggest you show up early and try one of the restaurants on the
      square.. I saw pubs, Sweet Melissa's, 3 pizza places, thai and raging
      burrito for starters.. If you drive around the square, there are about
      20 more restaurants in walking distance., ,

      DECATUR: , See map to get to Decatur.. ,
      Once there the main square is easy to find. The dance studio is on the
      square.. I suggest you drive around the square to see all the
      restaurants, and to find the parking decks..,

      PARK FREE ,
      USE THE DECK ON SWANSON WAY (where the busses are).. ,
      When you find the square, this is one place where you can go around
      the block (keep making right, or left turns).. There is only a parking
      deck on trinity, and another on Swanson Way.. Both appear to be FREE
      on SATURDAY EVENINGS..,

      AFTER YOU PARK: , Go out on foot to Swanson Way, then walk toward
      MARTA (go straight, no turns).

      Several Dancers Core dance studio will be down about a block on your
      right.. , ,

      LOCATION: , Several Dancers Core in Decatur.. , www.tangooasis.com,

      This message was sent by bobbler (bobbler@...) from OASIS
      TANGO: Modern Music ~ Timeless Dance.
      To learn more about bobbler, visit his/her member profile

      Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | support@...