Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Club passers ?

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 30 6:32 AM
      I've been known to pass clubs. But I show up Tuesdays, and lately
      it's even been a little spotty then.

      -- CHS

      On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Robert McKee <bobbler@...> wrote:
      > Any club passers out there?
      > I have been coming by on THU's 630 - 745..
      >
      > bobbler
      >

      > On Sep 29, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:
      >
      >> The L5P Haloween Parade is Saturday 16 Oct 2010, stepping off at
      >> 16:00.
      >>
      >> I presume we'll be able to march with the Kelly's Seed & Feed Marching
      >> Abominable?
      >>
      >> -- CHS

    • Justin Mullins
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
        I'd love to come out and pass, anybody want to do my structural analysis homework for me? it's always due on friday, you have a whole week to do it, must be easy right? : )

        I'll see if I can make it out there this thursday. Did you have something specific you wanted to do? I imagine we'll be the only 2 passing, or if you really feel like getting bold you could hop over to Tech one day and we could juggle over here. Always looking for someone to pass with, never have the time : (

        I've been known to pass clubs. But I show up Tuesdays, and lately

        it's even been a little spotty then.

        -- CHS

        On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Robert McKee <bobbler@...> wrote:

        > Any club passers out there?

        > I have been coming by on THU's 630 - 745..

        > bobbler

        > On Sep 29, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:

        >> The L5P Haloween Parade is Saturday 16 Oct 2010, stepping off at

        >> 16:00.

        >> I presume we'll be able to march with the Kelly's Seed & Feed Marching

        >> Abominable?

        >> -- CHS

        > ------------------------------------

      • Rick Purtee
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
          To me the primary point of going to a juggling meeting is to pass clubs,
          you can juggle by yourself any time. In Seattle we have 4-10 club
          passers every week, 4 or 5 of which are of high skill levels. We do a
          lot of n-main passing patterns and some fairly complex 2-man passing.

          Charles; You have no excuse for not passing clubs at meetings. You have
          a juggling space at home and you can do your standard practicing there.
          You are correct that you will need to set aside the time on a
          non-juggling night to do that, I do.

          One of the main reasons there are so many club passers on the West Coast
          is the attitude toward teaching the skill;

          "I am happy to take the time to teach some one to pass clubs, because
          that is someone else to pass with."

          My suggestion to Bob is to not ask if there are any club passers that
          want to meet on Thursday night but, do has I did years ago, declare that
          he will be teaching club passing on Thursday nights.

          Bob: I know you do not like to teach. However, at this point it looks
          like would be easier to train someone from scratch, than finding someone
          who can already pass.

          Just my thoughts on the matter,
          Rick Purtee

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
            When I am at meetings I pass clubs. When I am at home I practice.

            -- CHS

            On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Rick Purtee <rick_p@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >

            > >> bobbler

            > >> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            > >

            > >> TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
            > >
            > >> Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Juggling_GA-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
            > >
            > >> TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):

            > >> TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
            > >
            > >> Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
            > >
            > >> TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

            > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
            > >
            > >> Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
            > >
            > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
            > >
            > >> http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
            > >
            > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
            > > Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
            > > TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
            > >
            > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
            > > Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
            > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:

          • Tidwell, Alan
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
              While lately my first inclination has been to work on 5 balls, 4 clubs or Kendama; if someone says "Hey Alan come pass clubs!" I probably will.
              While I'm certainly no expert, I can catch a fair amount of garbage and correct most of it. I'm there almost every Tuesday and Thursday.

              Alan

> [...]

              > >> TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
              > >
              > >> Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Juggling_GA-subscribe%40yahoo
              > >> groups.com>
              > >
              > >> TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):

              > >> TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
              > >
              > >> Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
              > >
              > >> TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

              > >> ahoogroups.com>
              > >

              > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
              > >
              > >> Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
              > >
              > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
              > >
              > >> http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
              > >
              > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              > > TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
              > > Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
              > > TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
              > > hoogroups.com>
              > >
              > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
              > > Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
              > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Justin Mullins
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                someone had the red licked off their lolipop. . . jeez

                The problem is not that we don't try to teach people, it's that nobody wants to learn. My own girlfriend won't learn to juggle clubs, much less pass. You can't force someone to like juggling, if they don't like it they don't do it. We've even tried to start a club on campus multiple times, NOBODY comes to the meetings, if you can't get them there, you can't get them to learn.

                One of the reasons I stopped coming to club so much is that nobody can pass what I want to pass. yes, that is true, I don't want to teach every week. At the same time, I shouldn't have to!! I don't mind teaching, but if nobody practices at home, they will NOT get better. It's usually a waste of my time. When I want to work on 9 clubs, and double doubles, and everybody else is having trouble with a feed, it's extremely frustrating and I end up doing my own thing.

                I don't mean that as an insult to anybody that juggles. I understand people don't have the time to do it. I certainly don't have much time at all right now because of school, but if you don't have the basics down, there's no point in helping someone with passing.

                I would love to help someone with passing clubs. . . when they're ready to actually pass clubs.

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                  Sigh. I *do* practice at home. In fact, I just finished doing just that.
                  It's awfully hard to learn 9 clubs, 7 popcorn, double chocolate bar, et
                  cetera by yourself.

                  I concur with Mr. Mullins in general though, even though I make an effort
                  and try to be patient.

                  -- CHS

                  On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Justin Mullins <rocketman5421@...>wrote:

> [...]
                  >

                  > >> TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):

                  > >> TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
                  >

                  > >> Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
                  >

                  > >> TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

                  > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
                  >

                  > >> Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
                  >

                  > >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
                  >

                  > >> http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
                  >

                  > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                  >

                  > > TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
                  >
                  > > Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Juggling_GA-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
                  >
                  > > TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):

                  > > TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
                  >
                  > > Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
                  >
                  > > TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

                  > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
                  >
                  > > Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
                  >
                  > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:

                • Rick Purtee
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                    Patience is the key to the whole thing. You cannot just advertise it
                    once and expect people to show up. You need to keep advertising it until
                    people show up. When trying to get our juggling meeting started on a new
                    night I would send an e-mail to the list about it and be there. There
                    where many nights I was there on my own. But, slowly they started coming.

                    Justin; I fully agree that I would much rather couch someone to the next
                    notch up, than start from scratch. However experience has shown me;
                    Teaching someone from scratch force you to practice your passing
                    fundamentals. Which is never a bad thing and at least you have some
                    basic practice in before you find else someone of your skill level,
                    rather than not having passed for months.
                    As to your girlfriend, give it up. From an old married guy, who's wife
                    learned to pass clubs, it is a fight you can not win.

                    Rick

                  • Justin Mullins
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R85KYY1bnwY Never stop : P

> [...]

                      >> wrote:

                      >>> From: Charles Shapiro<hooterpincher@...<hooterpincher%40gmail.com>

                      >>> Subject: Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Club passers ?

                      >>> To: JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com<JUGGLING_GA%40yahoogroups.com>

                      >>> Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 9:32 AM

                      >>> I've been known to pass clubs. But I show up Tuesdays, and lately

                      >>> it's even been a little spotty then.

                      >>> -- CHS

                      >>> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

                      >>> TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

                      >>> Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com<Juggling_GA-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

                      >>> TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):

                      >>> TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):

                      >>> Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga

                      >>> TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:

                      >>> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:

                      >>> Http://www.atlantajugglers.org

                      >>> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:

                    • Robert McKee
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                        Years ago when I used to show up every week, it did seem like new
                        juggling blood was hard to find.. It took a year or more to get
                        people to start coming to piedmont park on the weekends, then I
                        started working nights (just as it was starting to catch on).. In
                        retrospect, the piedmont park location could bring new blood, because
                        I remember jugglers that didnt make the meetings popping in (I suspect
                        when they get girlfriends, its harder to make the meetings with no
                        park around).. As for juggling clubs at the college, I am surprised
                        they never seem to have hundreds of people (only 10's of people)..
                        Perhaps the juggling club needs performer types to make people
                        interested.. Or perhaps the people are migrating to dancing (I know
                        tech has a large dance organization.. and they are at the age where
                        they have discovered "girls")..

                        bobbler

                      • Robert McKee
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
                          I got all the club passing I could handle, lol..
                          Surprise, jimmy showed up..

                          Rick, You know I usually end up teaching.. But I think the last time I
                          passed clubs was with you (I am getting out of practice juggling once
                          or twice a year for maybe 8 years now).. My thundershower still works
                          (unless jimmy was holding it up)..

                          Charles, I might be able to pop in on a TUE.. I will email you when I
                          think I can do a TUE (and vice versa).. I see my email until about
                          5:45 PM..

                          Allen, I can throw you garbage, LOL..

                          bobbler

                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 2, 2010
                            Anytime I am there, passing is what I want to do. It's just a long way for me to drive.

                            Dave

                          • Robert McKee
                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 4, 2010
                              Charles,

                              Might you be there TUE?
                              Whats a good em for you (do you monitor "hooter pincher")?

                              bob

                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 5, 2010
                                Yep, I'll be there this evening.

                                I read emails M-F on this address.

                                -- CHS

                                On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Robert McKee <bobbler@...> wrote:
                                > Charles,
                                >
                                > Might you be there TUE?
                                > Whats a good em for you  (do you monitor "hooter pincher")?
                                >
                                > bob
                                >

                                > On Sep 30, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Charles Shapiro wrote:
                                >
                                >> I've been known to pass clubs. But I show up Tuesdays, and lately
                                >> it's even been a little spotty then.
                                >>
                                >> -- CHS
                                >>
                                >> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Robert McKee
                                >> <bobbler@...> wrote:
                                >> > Any club passers out there?
                                >> > I have been coming by on THU's 630 - 745..
                                >> >
                                >> > bobbler

                                >> Marching

                                >> > TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
                                >> > Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
                                >> > TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
                                >> >
                                >> > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
                                >> > Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
                                >> > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
                                >> > http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
                                >> > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • bobblerft
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 7, 2010