RE: [JUGGLING_GA] GA Tech Shortstop

  • Justin Mullins
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
      yup = ) know him pretty well actually, he has come to club before too.
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
        This is my quarterly off topic post..
        Jugglers got me started dancing;
        now I host a monthly tango dance lesson/social..
        (I could use help to fill the room.. please show up)..

        I am working on getting permission to juggle at this venue..
        COST: $2 - $3 donation for the snack table..
        Mention your discount to whomever is collecting money..

        There has been a couple from cavalia showing up at tango dances..
        She told me he juggles (diablo at least)..
        Will try to get them to come..
        Post if you might come, so I can tell then jugglers will be there..

        bobbler

        .

        Meet me at the Oasis!

        Argentine Tango ~ Where Legs Entwine
        EVERY 2´┐Żnd SUNDAY ~ $10 for the evening

        MODERN & TRADITIONAL Tango Music.
        Light refreshments provided: incl. Wine & Yerbe Mate
        (national drink of Argentina).
        Changing lead/follow roles is always OK.

        7:00 PM Tango lesson

        8:00 PM Practice (open dance floor)
        ----------- Do whatever you want and we will be available to help
        ----------- If you have other dance experience,
        ----------- we will help you transition to tango.

        9:00 PM Dance

        HAVE FUN & MEET PEOPLE:
        Its easy to get addicted to tango. Then you will meet other addicted
        people while having fun. We love to dance, so in a sense we treat it
        like a sport. For example it follows it is always OK to lead or
        follow, no matter what your gender, because its fun and it makes us
        better dancers. The dance floor is large enough to practice without
        being crowded out.

        Take Hold Ballroom http://www.takeholdballroom.com
        Great room ambiance and beautiful dance floor
        721 Miami Circle, Suite 103
        Atlanta GA 30324 (across the street from Academy ballroom)
        INFORMATION: bobbler@...

        We teach open embrace style (experienced dancers change embraces)..

        HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOW UP:
        15-25 people is typical. We always have more people than the meetup
        RSVP shows, because most people who show up are tango dancers (not on
        meetup).
        Meetup RSVP please..
        http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance

        HOSTS:
        Natalie and Bob

        MEETUP: (PLEASE RSVP):
        http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance

        EVERYTHING TANGO IN ATLANTA:

        Also at Take Hold Ballroom; Every First Saturday;
        http://ballroomdance.meetup.com/245

        ALL TANGO GROUPS IN ATLANTA:
        Also at Take Hold Ballroom; Every First Saturday;
        http://ballroomdance.meetup.com/245

        Shoes should allow you to pivot (sole not too sticky).
        Closed toe shoes are recommended for the follower.

        @@@@@@@@@@@@
        @@@@@@@@@@@
        @@@@@@@@@@
        @@@@@@@@@
        @@@@@@@@
        @@@@@@@
        @@@@@@
        @@@@@
        @@@@
        @@@
        @@
        @

      • bobblerft
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
          We now have permission to juggle at this venue..
          So if you find the tango boring, you can juggle..

          Light snacks include wine and yerbe mate..

          You can break out juggling stuff on the glass room (try not to break the glass, LOL).. As usual for many venues, NO metal knives, fire or unicycles (IE: anything that might break the glass or mess up the dance floor)..

          DANCING:
          We play mixed tango music..
          Meaning some it may be suitable for ballroom if you do other dances..

          bobbler

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
            Dan "The Piano Juggler" Menendez is going to be here in Atlanta on
            Friday and Saturday, performing with the Atlanta Symphony. Tickets
            start at $18.

            http://www.atlantasymphony.org/Calendar/2009/A-Very-Merry-Holiday-Pops.aspx