GA Tech Shortstop

  • qcatch
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
      This is to Alan, Justin, Keith and anybody else who may have connections to GA Tech. I worked at a school in Acworth and the PE teacher gave me an AJC clipping from April about Derek Dietrich, who plays shortstop there. It was all about his juggling skills that he developed in Cleveland, OH with his high school circus company: St. Ignatius. Has anyone ever invited him to AJA or know him? He credits juggling with his baseball success. Just thought it was cool!

      Wish I could make it to DrewBob's for fried turkey, but I'm gigging that evening. Get well soon Charles!

      :-) Ron
    • Justin Mullins
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
        yup = ) know him pretty well actually, he has come to club before too.
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
          This is my quarterly off topic post..
          Jugglers got me started dancing;
          now I host a monthly tango dance lesson/social..
          (I could use help to fill the room.. please show up)..

          I am working on getting permission to juggle at this venue..
          COST: $2 - $3 donation for the snack table..
          Mention your discount to whomever is collecting money..

          There has been a couple from cavalia showing up at tango dances..
          She told me he juggles (diablo at least)..
          Will try to get them to come..
          Post if you might come, so I can tell then jugglers will be there..

          bobbler

          .

          Meet me at the Oasis!

          Argentine Tango ~ Where Legs Entwine
          EVERY 2´┐Żnd SUNDAY ~ $10 for the evening

          MODERN & TRADITIONAL Tango Music.
          Light refreshments provided: incl. Wine & Yerbe Mate
          (national drink of Argentina).
          Changing lead/follow roles is always OK.

          7:00 PM Tango lesson

          8:00 PM Practice (open dance floor)
          ----------- Do whatever you want and we will be available to help
          ----------- If you have other dance experience,
          ----------- we will help you transition to tango.

          9:00 PM Dance

          HAVE FUN & MEET PEOPLE:
          Its easy to get addicted to tango. Then you will meet other addicted
          people while having fun. We love to dance, so in a sense we treat it
          like a sport. For example it follows it is always OK to lead or
          follow, no matter what your gender, because its fun and it makes us
          better dancers. The dance floor is large enough to practice without
          being crowded out.

          Take Hold Ballroom http://www.takeholdballroom.com
          Great room ambiance and beautiful dance floor
          721 Miami Circle, Suite 103
          Atlanta GA 30324 (across the street from Academy ballroom)
          INFORMATION: bobbler@...

          We teach open embrace style (experienced dancers change embraces)..

          HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOW UP:
          15-25 people is typical. We always have more people than the meetup
          RSVP shows, because most people who show up are tango dancers (not on
          meetup).
          Meetup RSVP please..
          http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance

          HOSTS:
          Natalie and Bob

          MEETUP: (PLEASE RSVP):
          http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance

          EVERYTHING TANGO IN ATLANTA:

          Also at Take Hold Ballroom; Every First Saturday;
          http://ballroomdance.meetup.com/245

          ALL TANGO GROUPS IN ATLANTA:
          Also at Take Hold Ballroom; Every First Saturday;
          http://ballroomdance.meetup.com/245

          Shoes should allow you to pivot (sole not too sticky).
          Closed toe shoes are recommended for the follower.

          @@@@@@@@@@@@
          @@@@@@@@@@@
          @@@@@@@@@@
          @@@@@@@@@
          @@@@@@@@
          @@@@@@@
          @@@@@@
          @@@@@
          @@@@
          @@@
          @@
          @

        • bobblerft
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
            We now have permission to juggle at this venue..
            So if you find the tango boring, you can juggle..

            Light snacks include wine and yerbe mate..

            You can break out juggling stuff on the glass room (try not to break the glass, LOL).. As usual for many venues, NO metal knives, fire or unicycles (IE: anything that might break the glass or mess up the dance floor)..

            DANCING:
            We play mixed tango music..
            Meaning some it may be suitable for ballroom if you do other dances..

            bobbler

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
              Dan "The Piano Juggler" Menendez is going to be here in Atlanta on
              Friday and Saturday, performing with the Atlanta Symphony. Tickets
              start at $18.

              http://www.atlantasymphony.org/Calendar/2009/A-Very-Merry-Holiday-Pops.aspx