Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Gatech buzz bash party

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
      I agree with Randy. Don't do it for free. Just because you enjoy juggling
      and unicycling, that doesn't mean you shouldn't get paid for it! There are
      at least 4 GA Tech students/alumni in the AJA....you, Alan, Keith and
      Shawn. Find out how many of you can/want to juggle at the event and then
      ask for $$$ per hour per person and tell them it's a discounted rate since
      you're all GA Tech people. Consider getting into the event and food as
      added compensation. If you're getting paid to juggle, make sure you show up
      on time, dress well, and act professional. You've spent many hours
      practicing and developing your skills. You'll add lots of fun and visual
      interest to the party.

      What $$$ to ask for? That depends on your experience. If you've never
      worked for hire before, you wouldn't expect to start at top dollar. $50 an
      hour seems like a minimum to me. $100 an hour is what I've heard that lots
      of jugglers ask for walkaround. Ask whatever you feel comfortable with.
      You'll get better at negotiating prices with experience.

      Joyce