RE: [JUGGLING_GA] Gatech buzz bash party

  • Randy Fenster
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2009
      Justin,

      Don't feel bad. You're worth every penny and then some. Juggling and
      unicycling are highly specialized skills. I'll bet that other service
      providers are not volunteering--catering, tent rental, security, etc.

      Randy

      From: Randy Fenster <juggling@...
      <mailto:juggling%40mindspring.com> >
      To: JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com <mailto:JUGGLING_GA%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 8:00 PM

      Dan and I were paid well to do this gig two consecutive years about six to

      eight years ago. I would not be inclined to volunteer for an event with a

      (previously) large budget. Why would they buy the cow...

      Randy

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
        I agree with Randy. Don't do it for free. Just because you enjoy juggling
        and unicycling, that doesn't mean you shouldn't get paid for it! There are
        at least 4 GA Tech students/alumni in the AJA....you, Alan, Keith and
        Shawn. Find out how many of you can/want to juggle at the event and then
        ask for $$$ per hour per person and tell them it's a discounted rate since
        you're all GA Tech people. Consider getting into the event and food as
        added compensation. If you're getting paid to juggle, make sure you show up
        on time, dress well, and act professional. You've spent many hours
        practicing and developing your skills. You'll add lots of fun and visual
        interest to the party.

        What $$$ to ask for? That depends on your experience. If you've never
        worked for hire before, you wouldn't expect to start at top dollar. $50 an
        hour seems like a minimum to me. $100 an hour is what I've heard that lots
        of jugglers ask for walkaround. Ask whatever you feel comfortable with.
        You'll get better at negotiating prices with experience.

        Joyce