Fwd: Anybody home????

  • labananatbs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
      Two things happening the week I think is the IJA fest, so if anybody is NOT going out of town, could you help cover the events????

      1) Monday July 13 at 6 pm is a mandatory meeting of tenants in the Little Five Points Community Center.? We send a rep or we pay a fine which is like 7% of our rent which will be around $28.? I can't go this time and would like to see ONE of YOU do something for us....

      2) Saturday July 18 is the WRFG second annual Birthday Bash, a festival on the lawn around the building.? Last year I went and juggled as atmospheric, which they appreciated very much, me and my three three ball tricks ( and I got paid work out of it too!!!)--go figure...

      Please consider the meeting--it is important we show up, give our opinions on the runnings of the building, and not pay a fine. Let me know if you can do this.

      Thanks and have fun those of you going to IJA

      Toni Treasurer

    • Randy Fenster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
        I attended the tenant meeting at Little Five Points Community Center. Here
        are the highlights:

        . There is an ongoing drive to raise $3 million to renovate the
        building. Approx $250,000 has been raised.

        . The building is nearly fully leased. Rent covers operational
        expenses, but not renovations.

        . An elevator will be installed within six months or so.

        . Instead of signing a new lease each year, we may only have to do
        this every two years.

        . Several folks voiced concern about the bathrooms, which need work.

        Randy

        PS I'll see ya'll on Thursday in Winston Salem!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
          I suspect such a renovation might cause the rent to spike later..

          bobbler

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2009
            Randy,

            Thanks so much for attending the meeting for us!

            The festival here in Winston-Salem is going well. The AJA has its usual
            maté table and chairs along the wall where we can sit and chat and watch all
            the action.

            See you on Thursday!

            Joyce

            On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Randy Fenster <juggling@...>wrote:

            > I attended the tenant meeting at Little Five Points Community Center. Here
            > are the highlights:
            >
            > . There is an ongoing drive to raise $3 million to renovate the
            > building. Approx $250,000 has been raised.
            >
            > . The building is nearly fully leased. Rent covers operational
            > expenses, but not renovations.
            >
            > . An elevator will be installed within six months or so.
            >
            > . Instead of signing a new lease each year, we may only have to do
            > this every two years.
            >
            > . Several folks voiced concern about the bathrooms, which need work.
            >
            > Randy
            >
            > PS I'll see ya'll on Thursday in Winston Salem!

          • Jay Jones
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2009
              Great job Randy! Thanks for attending. We are having a blast at the festival, look forward to seeing you here. -J