Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Cheap balls

  • OpalCat
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30 2:36 PM
      I got some from Oriental Trading Company and they were too small and too
      light to be useful for juggling. Plus they smelled funny. And by funny I
      mean bad. Bad enough to throw out.

      --
      >^,,^<

    • Rob McDonald
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        I don't recall the water balls from back when I was in town. Were
        they injected? Slit, filled, & superglued?

        Ebay has wholesale lots from a dozen to a couple gross. You can pick
        your price point, for enough bags for 48 people, I'm looking at about
        70cents/ball. Not too bad.

        Rob

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2008
          They were injected tennis balls, Rob. The rubber self-seals. You could cover them with balloons, too. If you don't know that trick, you inflate the balloon and insert the ball over halfway, then let the air out of the balloon, then roll the balloon over the whole ball. Cut the neck of the balloon. This leaves a circle not covered, but you repeat the process several times, which covers the entire ball. After a while, the outside layer may get dirty or torn, but if you peel it off and you have more layers underneath, it looks new again.