FKB Show

  • Andy Ford
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 16, 2008
      The Flying Karamazov Brothers show looms before us, Saturday night.
      It Has Been Decided: we shall meet for Dinner at 5pm, allowing plenty of
      Time, at Nuevo Laredo Cantina
      <http://www.nuevolaredocantina.com/location.php>, and therein, we shall
      consume Victuals, Comestibles, and other such Delights to please the
      Palate, and thence hence to the evening's Theatrikal Offerings.
      (We'll eat and go to the show.) People should bring some juggly items,
      and we'll hand out GH Day fliers, although you'd think we could just let
      them fly.
      So Be It!
      President Andrew G. Ford
    • jugglergirl515050
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 17, 2008
        Guess what guys....I'm Going!
        Just bought my ticket....see you there
      • Rick Purtee
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 17, 2008
          WOW! Who would have guessed that Andy, after over 20 years as a very
          understated vice-presidency (under 4 different presidents), would be the
          most decisive president of the group.

          Rick

          Andy Ford wrote:

          >The Flying Karamazov Brothers show looms before us, Saturday night.
          >It Has Been Decided: we shall meet for Dinner at 5pm, allowing plenty of
          >Time, at Nuevo Laredo Cantina
          ><http://www.nuevolaredocantina.com/location.php>, and therein, we shall
          >consume Victuals, Comestibles, and other such Delights to please the
          >Palate, and thence hence to the evening's Theatrikal Offerings.
          >(We'll eat and go to the show.) People should bring some juggly items,
          >and we'll hand out GH Day fliers, although you'd think we could just let
          >them fly.
          > So Be It!
          > President Andrew G. Ford
          >

          >@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
          >
          >TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
          >Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):
          >
          >TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
          >Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
          >TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
          >
          >VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
          >Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
          >VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
          >http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
          >
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • yarnjuggler
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 17, 2008
            Thank heavens I found the show on the 1/2 price ticket email!
            Perhaps I should check into this group more often...

            Where is Laredo Nuevo, in case (by some miracle) I actually find time
            to join you - and when?

            Ginny, who is merely juggling knitting projects these days

            --- In JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com, Rick Purtee <rick_p@...> wrote:

            > WOW! Who would have guessed that Andy, after over 20 years as a
            very
            > understated vice-presidency (under 4 different presidents), would
            be the
            > most decisive president of the group.
            >
            > Rick
            >
            > Andy Ford wrote:
            >
            > >The Flying Karamazov Brothers show looms before us, Saturday night.
            > >It Has Been Decided: we shall meet for Dinner at 5pm, allowing
            plenty of
            > >Time, at Nuevo Laredo Cantina
            > ><http://www.nuevolaredocantina.com/location.php>, and therein, we
            shall
            > >consume Victuals, Comestibles, and other such Delights to please
            the
            > >Palate, and thence hence to the evening's Theatrikal Offerings.
            > >(We'll eat and go to the show.) People should bring some juggly
            items,
            > >and we'll hand out GH Day fliers, although you'd think we could
            just let
            > >them fly.
            > > So Be It!
            > > President Andrew G. Ford
            > >

            > >@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            > >
            > >TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
            > >Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > >TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):
            > >
            > >TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
            > >Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
            > >TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
            > >
            > >VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
            > >Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
            > >VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
            > >http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
            > >
            > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jay Jones
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 18, 2008
              Appears that we have an extra ticket to the FKB show. -J

              Jay Jones
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 18, 2008
                Leadership, Dude.

                DrewBob Rocks.

                RgF

                On 18/01/2008 06:56, "Rick Purtee" <rick_p@...> wrote:

                > WOW! Who would have guessed that Andy, after over 20 years as a very
                > understated vice-presidency (under 4 different presidents), would be the
                > most decisive president of the group.
                >
                > Rick
                >
                > Andy Ford wrote:
                >
                >> The Flying Karamazov Brothers show looms before us, Saturday night.
                >> It Has Been Decided: we shall meet for Dinner at 5pm, allowing plenty of
                >> Time, at Nuevo Laredo Cantina
                >> <http://www.nuevolaredocantina.com/location.php>, and therein, we shall
                >> consume Victuals, Comestibles, and other such Delights to please the
                >> Palate, and thence hence to the evening's Theatrikal Offerings.
                >> (We'll eat and go to the show.) People should bring some juggly items,
                >> and we'll hand out GH Day fliers, although you'd think we could just let
                >> them fly.
                >> So Be It!
                >> President Andrew G. Ford
                >>

                >> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
                >>
                >> TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
                >> Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >> TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):
                >>
                >> TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
                >> Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
                >> TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
                >>
                >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
                >> Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
                >> VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
                >> http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
                >>
                >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              • va slack
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 18, 2008
                  Let me know in the morning if it's still available - it would be nice if I didn't have to go by Lenox.

                  Ginny

                  Jay Jones <jjajones@...> wrote:
                  Appears that we have an extra ticket to the FKB show. -J

                  Jay Jones

                • Alan Tidwell
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                    Performance Cancellation: The Flying Karamazov Brothers

                    The Saturday, January 19 performance of The Flying Karamazov Brothers
                    is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions.

                    All efforts will be made to reschedule the performance and ticket
                    holders will be notified as soon as possible of the new date.

                    More information will be posted as soon as details are available.

                    http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/news.php?id=25

                    Alan

                    Oh my God it's SNOWING!
                    All of the performers and staff are out buying bread and milk and
                    suggest you do the same.

                    At 11:36 PM 1/18/2008, you wrote:

                    >Let me know in the morning if it's still available - it would be
                    >nice if I didn't have to go by Lenox.
                    >
                    >Ginny
                    >
                    >Jay Jones <<mailto:jjajones%40ix.netcom.com>jjajones@...> wrote:
                    >Appears that we have an extra ticket to the FKB show. -J
                    >
                    >Jay Jones

                    Alan T. Tidwell alan.tidwell@... Phone: (404)385-3562
                    Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122
                    Georgia Institute of Technology Web:
                    www.georgiatechcenter.com
                    Global Learning Center

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                      Thanks for the notification, Alan. I would have driven up all the way without ever knowing we were in extreme weather! It's 35 degrees with a little bit of rain. I don't know why anyone would call that extreme! Give us break! This is ridiculous!

                      Oh well, see you guys on a later date.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                        Snowing quite a bit at my house and the temperature is 35° and dropping. -J

                        Dave Altman wrote:

                        > Thanks for the notification, Alan. I would have driven up all the way
                        > without ever knowing we were in extreme weather! It's 35 degrees with
                        > a little bit of rain. I don't know why anyone would call that extreme!
                        > Give us break! This is ridiculous!
                        >
                        > Oh well, see you guys on a later date.
                        >
                        > Dave

                      • Robert McKee
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                          If its snow, just go slow..
                          But www.weather.com shows 32 and below by 9PM... sometime after this
                          it can get really dangerous (ice)..

                          bobbler

                          On Jan 19, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Jay Jones wrote:

                          > Snowing quite a bit at my house and the temperature is 35° and
                          > dropping. -J
                          >
                          > Dave Altman wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Thanks for the notification, Alan. I would have driven up all the
                          > way
                          > > without ever knowing we were in extreme weather! It's 35 degrees
                          > with
                          > > a little bit of rain. I don't know why anyone would call that
                          > extreme!
                          > > Give us break! This is ridiculous!
                          > >
                          > > Oh well, see you guys on a later date.
                          > >
                          > > Dave

                        • va slack
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                            Rather now than 2 weeks later...

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 19, 2008
                              Karamozov Brothers to Perform as Scheduled!

                              The Flying Karamozov Brothers scheduled to perform Saturday evening
                              at 8:00 PM will perform as scheduled. The performance has not been canceled.

                              http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/news.php?id=26

                              Alan--Hopefully the roads don't freeze until we get back home.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 22, 2008
                                Argh! I spent 3+ hours cleaning up 240+ old emails here, and missed this most important notice!

                                Ginny

                                At 01:22 PM 1/19/2008, you wrote:

                                >Rather now than 2 weeks later...
                                >

                                >Alan Tidwell
                                ><<mailto:alan.tidwell%40dlpe.gatech.edu>alan.tidwell@...> wrote:
                                >

                                >Performance Cancellation: The Flying Karamazov Brothers
                                >
                                >The Saturday, January 19 performance of The Flying Karamazov Brothers
                                >is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions.
                                >
                                >All efforts will be made to reschedule the performance and ticket
                                >holders will be notified as soon as possible of the new date.
                                >
                                >More information will be posted as soon as details are available.
                                >
                                ><http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/news.php?id=25>http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/news.php?id=25
                                >
                                >Alan
                                >
                                >Oh my God it's SNOWING!
                                >All of the performers and staff are out buying bread and milk and
                                >suggest you do the same.
                                >
                                >At 11:36 PM 1/18/2008, you wrote:
                                >
                                > >Let me know in the morning if it's still available - it would be
                                > >nice if I didn't have to go by Lenox.
                                > >
                                > >Ginny
                                > >
                                > >Jay Jones
                                > <<mailto:jjajones%40ix.netcom.com><mailto:jjajones%40ix.netcom.com>jjajones@...>
                                > wrote:
                                > >Appears that we have an extra ticket to the FKB show. -J
                                > >
                                > >Jay Jones

                                >--
                                >Alan T. Tidwell
                                ><mailto:alan.tidwell%40dlpe.gatech.edu>alan.tidwell@...
                                >Phone: (404)385-3562
                                >Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122
                                >Georgia Institute of Technology Web:
                                >www.georgiatechcenter.com
                                >Global Learning Center

                                Alan T. Tidwell alan.tidwell@... Phone: (404)385-3562
                                Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122
                                Georgia Institute of Technology Web:
                                www.georgiatechcenter.com
                                Global Learning Center

                              • Emory Kimbrough
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 23, 2008
                                  I was going to come over for the Flying Karamozov performance, but I saw the cancellation announcement posted here and thus didn't make the drive. By the time I saw the later post that the performance would take place, it was too late for me to come over. The box-office person at the Ferst Center couldn't do a charge-back on my credit card until some manager investigates an approves. Thus, I wanted to make sure I have my facts straight here: Did the following announcement indeed appear on the Ferst Center web site or other official GA Tech source, or did it come from elsewhere?

                                  To: JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: yarnjuggler@...
                                  Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:06:56 -0800
                                  Subject: Re: [JUGGLING_GA] FKB Show--THE SHOW IS ON AS SCHEDULED

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 23, 2008
                                    The cancellation notice did, in fact, appear on their web site (I
                                    cut-and-pasted it on my message to this group).

                                    We only got word that the performance was actually happening when Dan
                                    and Katherine called one of the FKB performers directly and he said
                                    they were on stage rehearsing.
                                    Someone else had gone to the site to check the refund policy and saw
                                    the updated announcement that the show would go on.
                                    I would think that quite a few people may have missed the show.

                                    I called the Ferst Center and spoke with the guy who "would be the
                                    2nd person to know" if a show was cancelled and he was mystified by
                                    the change to the web site. He then checked his e-mail and saw a
                                    message from the director blessing out the individual who had made
                                    the incorrect announcement; so, they definitely are aware that a
                                    mistake was made.

                                    Alan

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 23, 2008
                                      I also went to the website and saw the cancellation notice, just as Alan had posted it. -J

> [...]
                                      >>

                                      >> >--
                                      >>
                                      >> >Alan T. Tidwell
                                      >>
                                      >> ><mailto:alan.tidwell%40dlpe.gatech.edu><mailto:alan.tidwell%40dlpe.
                                      >> gatech.edu>alan.tidwell@...
                                      >>
                                      >> >Phone: (404)385-3562
                                      >>
                                      >> >Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122
                                      >>
                                      >> >Georgia Institute of Technology Web:
                                      >>
                                      >> >www.georgiatechcenter.com
                                      >>
                                      >> >Global Learning Center

                                      >>--
                                      >>
                                      >>Alan T. Tidwell
                                      >><mailto:alan.tidwell%40dlpe.gatech.edu>alan.tidwell@...
                                      >>Phone: (404)385-3562
                                      >>
                                      >>Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122
                                      >>
                                      >>Georgia Institute of Technology Web:
                                      >>
                                      >>www.georgiatechcenter.com
                                      >>
                                      >>Global Learning Center

                                      >--
                                      >Alan T. Tidwell alan.tidwell@... Phone: (404)385-3562
                                      >Customer Service Support Manager Fax: (404)385-6122

                                      Jay Jones