11/9-10 Bread & Puppet Theater in ATLANTA!!!

  • labananatbs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007
      Subject: 11/9-10 Bread & Puppet Theater in ATLANTA!!!

      BREAD & PUPPET THEATER AT 7 STAGES
      in THE DIVINE REALITY COMEDY CIRCUS

      Nov. 9-10
      8:00 p.m.
      Bread & Puppet Theater? (from Glover VT)
      in The Divine Reality Comedy Circus
      @ 7 Stages Theater, 1105 Euclid Ave. in Little 5 Points, Atlanta GA 30307
      Admission: $6-12 sliding scale
      Tickets: 7 Stages Box Office at (404) 523-7647
      To be part of the show, or for more information: Bill Fleming (404) 378-5683? <wmayfourth@...>

      www.breadandpuppet.org

      The world renowned Bread & Puppet Theater from Glover Vermont will present The Divine Reality Comedy Circus at 7 Stages Theater, 1105 Euclid Ave. in Little 5 Points, on Friday, and Saturday, November 9-10, 2007 at 8:00 p.m.

      The Divine Reality Comedy Circus features famous rats leaving a sinking ship, the triumph of the small farmer, smart advice on where to get your water, a celebratory ballet by a flock of roosters, the Rotten Idea Theater Company's distillation of political issues and? much more, all accompanied by the Bread & Puppet Circus Band. Take note that if some of the circus acts are politically puzzling to adults, accompanying kids can usually explain them.

      "People must have bread and they must have puppets - we need food and we need beauty to live," is the creed of Bread & Puppet Theater, one of the oldest non-profit, self-supporting theatrical companies in the U.S. Touring globally and acting locally, the theater has been enacting its radical utopian vision in? cardboard and cloth for over forty years, from the spectacle of its? larger-than-life puppets at Vietnam War protests in New York City to? the pageantry of its long-running (over 25 years) annual event, "Our? Domestic Resurrection Circus" on its farm in Vermont.

      Celebrated author and NPR commentator Andrei Codrescu has praised "the genius of Peter Schumann, the prodigious puppet-god," writing "the Bread &? Puppet Theater has been so long a part of America's conscious? struggle for our better selves, that it has become, paradoxically, a? fixture of our subconscious."

      The Divine Reality Comedy Circus will be performed by 9 members of Bread & Puppet Theater, along with a group of 12 volunteer performers from the local Atlanta community.? If you are interested in being an actor and/or musician in the show, there will be a rehearsal at 7 Stages Theater on Thurs. Nov. 8 at7:00 p.m., preceded by a potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m. For more information, call Bill Fleming (404) 378-5683 or email him at <wmayfourth@...>

      Admission for the Bread & Puppet Theater's Divine Reality Comedy Circus is on a sliding scale of $6-$12. The performance in Atlanta is co-produced by Alternate ROOTS. To reserve tickets, please call the 7 Stages Box Office at (404) 523-7647. To find out more about Bread & Puppet Theater, visit their website at www.breadandpuppet.org

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
        Sorry to miss this.

        RgF