Fun gig at orphans home

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27 7:08 AM
      Allison and I had a pretty ok fun time at the Carrie Steele-Pitts home (
      http://www.csph.org/history.htm ) Saturday afternoon. The venue was a nice
      grassy playground near the western intersection of I-285 and I-20. We set
      up our bags of props and the bucket o' balls in a nice shady spot with a bit
      of a hill, then showed off, taught, and hung out for a couple of hours. It
      was about 85 degrees out, and CSPH provided lots of cold bottled water. We
      broke around 13:00, had some catered lunch and big ol' bowls of ice cream,
      and then went back outside for more juggling time. I brought a unicycle but
      found that the hilly and grassy terrain did not suit it. Lots of kids had
      great fun
      claiming to be able to ride and falling off of it however. Other
      activities included a Georgia Tech cheerleaders clinic, some relay races, a
      tug of war, and a water-balloon toss, as well as the obligatory
      face-painting, games booths, and outdoor fooseball table. Juliana seemed to
      think that the event was a success, and said they may try to scale it up a
      little next year.

      Apparently Juliana Pyne is on the Board of Trustees of this worthy
      organization, and I had a brief conversation with her about hooking the AJA
      up to do some
      teaching and visiting. We've had pretty ok good luck with the Clarkston
      folks ( http://www.gmaac.org/staff.htm ) on this. The kids seemed pretty
      excited about us, and quite a few of them stiuck around long enough to get a
      feel for juggling.

    • atranscription
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27 7:25 AM
        Thanks for coming out Charles. It was nice to meet you both. Magic Nick
        has taken all the juggling pointers he was given and run with them.
        Hopefully he will be juggling by the end of the week :-). I will post the
        pictures and video on the website as soon as I can.

        Sheila Rowland