Things We Learned

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2007
      Hey, what did you learn at the convention?

      My list includes:

      * Long Skinny Feast (I'd like to try the Slalom Variation some time when we
      have 6 or more folks who can pass at the club)
      * Turning Gears feed
      * Augmented Y Rotation ( Different from rotating a regular Y!)
      * Ho-hos, zips, and zaps
      * Luke Burrage's juggling podcast (
      http://www.lukeburrage.com/thingonthenet/ ) (from a mention during the
      awards banquet)
      * A new way to approach nunchaku
      * A possible way to fix my notorious first-throw troubles (Thanks Rick P!)
      * A new way to think about 3-count pick-ups (Thanks again, Rick!)
      * Better distance jumps on the Pogo Stick of Death
      * That I need more outdoor unicycle time

      As always, these conventions are basically tryin' to drink from a
      firehose. I'll be digesting stuff and changing my practice habits for
      months.

    • quiteacatch@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2007
        I learned not to make plans. Ken Burke surprised me by having heart troubles at Emory. He is suppose to be released today or tomorrow. My wife surprised me by playfully grabbing my head and aggravating an old car wreck injury so bad that I had to seek chiropractic help just so that I could look up. Needless to say I could not make the trip, but Martin Frost said I should at least get 90% of my money back. Now I am in south Birmingham getting ready to try and fake my way through a show!
        Good luck on the list Charles!
        Ron