FW: Hunger Walk/Run 2007

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2007
      From: Holly Royston [mailto:holly.royston@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 11:50 AM
      To: aja@...
      Subject: Hunger Walk/Run 2007

      Greetings!

      The 23rd annual Hunger Walk/Run to benefit the Atlanta Community Food Bank
      as well as 5 other charities is March 11, 2007. Last year we had over 6,000
      people come out to Turner Field and participate in the walk and run around
      downtown Atlanta. I was researching your site and wanted to extend an
      invitation for you all to participate. I know you had a lsit of
      professional jugglers, but I thought this could be something you might want
      to participate in as an organization. Our theme this year is very carnival
      and we will have many activities throughout the day. We thought that
      traveling jugglers and unicyclists would be a great addition! Would you
      have any members of your organization that would like to volunteer for the
      Food Bank on this day and highlight their talents?

      I would love to chat more about this, you could take a tour of the Food Bank
      and I can get to you all the information you would need. Please feel free
      to give me a call or send a reply e-mail to let me know of your interest.

      Thanks and have a great weekend-

      Holly

      Holly G. Royston
      Marketing and Promotions Manager
      Atlanta Community Food Bank
      732 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd., NW
      Atlanta, Georgia 30318
      404.892.3333 x 1246
      www.acfb.org

    • R. Anglin
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
        Quick war story:

        Today was a more hectic day than most as I worked with Tim Settimi all day
        at Scottish Rite and then drove down to Jonesboro to meet up with my dad,
        who had taken off from work to bring up my son from school. From there we
        rushed up to Cartersville to do a church show at 7:00. I was all proud of my
        prior planning and arriving an hour and 15 minutes early, so I thought I
        could relax. Wrong! I soon discovered that we only had 4 clubs because the
        other 4 were still in my garage 2 hours away where stupid me had left them
        from a previous practice session.

        I said a quick, panicked prayer and then remembered that Jonathan Perry in
        Delaware still had most of the AJA in his cell phone, so I called him. I
        asked who lives on the Northside? He thought of Carrie McQueen and gave me
        her number and she was home! Carrie hopped in her car to bring clubs and I
        left my son to set up. We met at Exit 283, where I gave her a hug and she
        gave me her clubs. I got back 5 minutes before show time, which Joel and I
        did with no warm-up, no sound check, and hundreds of screaming kids who
        totally surrounded the platform stage. They loved it!

        It is so great to be a part of a club that puts on such a great festival,
        has a great website, has such a colorful cast of characters, and when the
        proverbial caca hits the fan, goes out of their way to help each other! If
        anyone ever finds themselves between the rock and a hard place on the
        Southside, please give me a call. My number is listed on
        www.schoolshows.com/quiteacatch

        Juggle on!

        -Ron

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
          Right Awn.

          And propers to Carrie for comin' through in Ron's Time of Need.

          -- CHS

          On 3/6/07, R. Anglin <quiteacatch@...> wrote:

          > Quick war story:
          >
          > Today was a more hectic day than most as I worked with Tim Settimi all day
          > at Scottish Rite and then drove down to Jonesboro to meet up with my dad,
          > who had taken off from work to bring up my son from school. From there we
          > rushed up to Cartersville to do a church show at 7:00. I was all proud of
          > my
          > prior planning and arriving an hour and 15 minutes early, so I thought I
          > could relax. Wrong! I soon discovered that we only had 4 clubs because the
          > other 4 were still in my garage 2 hours away where stupid me had left them
          > from a previous practice session.
          >
          > I said a quick, panicked prayer and then remembered that Jonathan Perry in
          > Delaware still had most of the AJA in his cell phone, so I called him. I
          > asked who lives on the Northside? He thought of Carrie McQueen and gave me
          > her number and she was home! Carrie hopped in her car to bring clubs and I
          > left my son to set up. We met at Exit 283, where I gave her a hug and she
          > gave me her clubs. I got back 5 minutes before show time, which Joel and I
          > did with no warm-up, no sound check, and hundreds of screaming kids who
          > totally surrounded the platform stage. They loved it!
          >
          > It is so great to be a part of a club that puts on such a great festival,
          > has a great website, has such a colorful cast of characters, and when the
          > proverbial caca hits the fan, goes out of their way to help each other! If
          > anyone ever finds themselves between the rock and a hard place on the
          > Southside, please give me a call. My number is listed on
          > www.schoolshows.com/quiteacatch
          >
          > Juggle on!
          >
          > -Ron

        • R. Anglin
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
            I just want Opalcat and anyone else who was interested to know that there
            were plenty of girls that came to the workshop in Jonesboro this evening! I
            had 8 sets of grandparents and 23 kids that came and about half were girls.
            I also had a high school age sibling (who could cascade 3) show up and he
            helped me coach the scarf juggling and it was a great evening. I gave them
            all homework and many promised to come back next week for the 2nd workshop,
            where I will also teach diabolo.

            And in other news, last week I stepped down from my job with Cirque du Monde
            (after 6 years) so you may actually see me at a club meeting one evening! I
            plan to work with Cirque again (and will still substitute) when my family
            situation and schedule will allow it, but I have to do better than Jimmy
            Robertson! I don't want anyone to think that I'm a slacker!

            ;-) Ron

          • Jay Jones
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
              If ever there was not a slacker, it would be you Ron. -J

              >I just want Opalcat and anyone else who was interested to know that there
              >were plenty of girls that came to the workshop in Jonesboro this evening! I
              >had 8 sets of grandparents and 23 kids that came and about half were girls.
              >I also had a high school age sibling (who could cascade 3) show up and he
              >helped me coach the scarf juggling and it was a great evening. I gave them
              >all homework and many promised to come back next week for the 2nd workshop,
              >where I will also teach diabolo.
              >

              >And in other news, last week I stepped down from my job with Cirque du Monde
              >(after 6 years) so you may actually see me at a club meeting one evening! I
              >plan to work with Cirque again (and will still substitute) when my family
              >situation and schedule will allow it, but I have to do better than Jimmy
              >Robertson! I don't want anyone to think that I'm a slacker!
              >

              >;-) Ron

              Jay Jones
            • NoMail1781@AOL.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                In a message dated 3/6/2007 10:37:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                quiteacatch@... writes:

                And in other news, last week I stepped down from my job with Cirque du Monde
                (after 6 years) so you may actually see me at a club meeting one evening! I
                plan to work with Cirque again (and will still substitute) when my family
                situation and schedule will allow it, but I have to do better than Jimmy
                Robertson! I don't want anyone to think that I'm a slacker!

                Hey!!! I resemble that remark. LOL. Of course, I've slacked off again, too.
                Although, I just went to the NY convention this past weekend. It was a lot of
                fun. I'm also planning on going to the convention in Montreal the 1st weekend
                in May. Hope everyone here in Atlanta is still doing well.

                Jimmy
                http://www.aol.com

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                  Dan, Katherine and I all plan to be there tomorrow night at juggling. Are
                  you coming Jimmy? I always enjoy seeing you and Dan pass clubs. The
                  patterns you do are way beyond anything I can even imagine attempting. Last
                  night Charles and Ray taught us the Seattle shuffle and Jim's three-count
                  (or maybe I should say attempted to teach us 'cause we couldn't begin to
                  keep it going). It was cool though and I look forward to trying it again
                  soon.

                  Joyce

                  PS The AJA is a great bunch of people. Check the "Members" section on the
                  website for several new members that I added this week.

                  http://www.aol <http://www.aol.com> com.

                • NoMail1781@AOL.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                    Hi Joyce,

                    Unfortunately, I'm going to see George Winston at the Ferst (GA Tech's
                    theater) tomorrow night, so I won't be at juggling. Sorry. Hope you guys have fun.
                    I participated in (notice I didn't say learned) quite a few neat patterns in
                    NY this weekend. But there were way too many to remember. But I know Jim's 2
                    ct, 3 ct, and 4 ct were among them.

                    Jimmy

                  • raystern@adelphia.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                      ---- NoMail1781@... wrote:
                      > I participated in (notice I didn't say learned) quite a few neat patterns in
                      > NY this weekend. But there were way too many to remember. But I know Jim's 2
                      > ct, 3 ct, and 4 ct were among them.

                      That's amazing. New Yorkers pass?!