[JUGGLING_GA] PIEDMONT ---INFO ON --- jazz n jugg at montreux festival

  • LOVEuinCHAINS (bob)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      The url is:
      www.atlantafestivals.com
      (its a mis-named URL, only the montreux info is there)...
      LONG STORY SHORT 2PM - 10PM fri-sat-sun

      I tried several times to get the schedule from the above URL (good luck)...

      REMINDER:
      THE COPS DO TOW, everytime a festival is going on (so watch where you park).
      I would suggest planning on paying to park, or get there early enough
      (maybe).

      bob

      SOME INFO FROM THE above URL IS COPIED BELOW:

      The City of Atlanta's Bureau of Cultural Affairs is proud to
      present the 13th Annual Montreux Atlanta Music
      Festival.

      In accordance with its mission, the Bureau of
      Cultural Affairs
      strives to provide cultural enrichment for the
      citizens of Atlanta, to
      encourage and nurture artists, and to support
      the arts. As
      Atlanta's influence has grown internationally,
      the Bureau has
      expanded its role to represent Atlanta, it's
      immense possibilities
      and diverse cultural offerings, on the world
      stage.

      Each year, the Bureau produces two major music
      events in
      Atlanta, the Montreux Atlanta Music Festival
      and the Atlanta
      Jazz Festival. Both festivals are weeklong
      events showcasing
      well-known musical legends and up-and-coming
      performing
      artists.

      The Montreux Atlanta Music Festival features
      the best in soul,
      Latin, reggae, blues, R&B, zydeco, hip-hop,
      and jazz. The
      Atlanta Jazz Festival prides itself in being
      the country's largest
      free jazz festival in the South.

      http://www.atlantafestivals.com/montreuxfacts.htm
      Fact Sheet
      an international music festival

      What

      A nine-day music festival showcasing the world's foremost
      music legends and up-and-coming
      performing artists. The festival has brought the best
      performers in soul, Latin, reggae, blues, R&B,
      zydeco, hip-hop, and jazz to Atlanta for the past 12 years.

      More than 100 entertainers performing during the
      Weekend Concert Series, daytime events
      in various parks, and evening ticketed events at local
      clubs.
      This year's scheduled performers include Zap Mama, Femi
      Kuti, Fishbone, Hugh Masekela,
      Mos Def, Indigenous, Shemekia Copeland and others
      Exhibition by more than 40 specialty food purveyors and
      craftspeople
      Benefit concert at Chastain Park Amphitheatre on
      Sunday, August 27th entitled "Montreux
      Festival on Tour" presented by Oldsmobile Aurora and
      starring legendary artists Roberta
      Flack, Al Jarreau, George Duke, David Sanborn, and Joe
      Sample - 6:30pm Tickets are on
      sale now. Ticketmaster. To purchase pit tables, call
      the Bureau of Cultural Affairs at (404)
      817-6815.
      Benefit Concert at Chastain Park Amphitheatre on
      Friday, September 1st at 7:30pm
      featuring Gladys Knight. Tickets are on sale now. Call
      Ticketmaster. To purchase pit tables,
      call the Bureau of Cultural Affairs at (404) 817-6815.

      When

      Labor Day Week, August 27th - September 4th, 2000. Weekend
      performances September 2nd -4th
      in Piedmont Park from 2-10p.m.

      Where
      Various locations throughout the city including Piedmont
      Park , Chastain Park Amphitheatre,
      Centennial Olympic Park, clubs & cafes!
      (Back to Top)

      Information

      Call the Festival Hotline at 404.817.6851

      Attendance

      150,000 - 175,000

      Admission

      Weekend Concert Series is FREE, prices for ticketed events
      vary

      Press Contact

      Karen Hatchett

      770.433.1137 Phone