GH contract is signed

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      Yesterday DrewBob, Andy and I met with the business manager at the Yaarab
      Shrine Center. We toured the facilities and signed the contract. We're all
      set now for the Groundhog Day Jugglers Festival at our brand new location.
      The main room is very large, the bathrooms are spacious and clean, there are
      plenty of tables, chairs and free parking PLUS we get a drinking water
      fountain! This is a spiffier place than Grady or Cross Keys HS (with a few
      metal chandeliers hanging high up in the ceiling) and we must leave it in
      the same condition we found it, so we'll all need to keep an eye out for any
      potential problems and make sure everything is spotless afterwards.
      Jugglers are usually clean and responsible people so I think it'll be fine.

      Toni is getting the insurance policy. Katherine is working on a t-shirt
      design. Keith is making up the registration forms. I've contacted Bill
      Giduz and he's bringing the trophies. I've posted the info on our website
      and the IJDB list of worldwide festivals. The postcards and emails have
      been sent. Bruce has booked the Horizon Theater for the late night cabaret;
      he and Toni will organize that show. Randy is contacting newspapers. Judy
      and Charles are working on a Sunday night dinner place. Pat, can you
      contact the radio stations again? Ray, can you post info to rec.juggling
      again? Jimmy is working on restaurant information sheets (there are dozens
      of food choices within a few blocks). DrewBob and Dave are painting new
      signs. Dave is bringing the AJA banner. Jay is contacting vendors. Toni
      will MC the competition on Saturday. Hal and Bruce will set up the sound
      system. I will contact the Shiners' caterer to see about them setting up
      food vending. It's required by the Shriners to give them first dibs. If
      they're not interested, then we'll check with other food vendors.

      Are there any more tasks that we need to designate?

    • Rick Purtee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        How about someone to make sure there are signs/flyers at Cross Keys and
        Grady about the date and location of this years festival. These should
        be in place on or before February 2nd.

        I would volunteer to do it myself but I will not be within 3000 miles of
        the places until February 8th.

        Rick