Re: [Atlantaunicycleclub] Christmas Parade

  • Alan Lieffring
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2006
      Chad and all

      The Watkinsville Christmas Parade will be this Saturday (2 Dec.) morning and will start promptly at 11:00 am.
      Watkinsville is the first town south of Athens on highway 441. To get here form Atlanta take either 316 or 78 Turn right onto Highway 53, Hog Mountain Road. Head east till you get to the stop light at Butler Crossing (Ekerds Drug Store), turn right onto Experiment Station Road, and it will take you into Down Town Watkinsville. Turn right at the Chicken Express stoplight and you will be driving up the parade route, There will be parking at the ball field on the OCAF property, look for the sign across from the court house.
      Line up is on Barnett Shoals Road, the Jittery Joe's stop light in Watkinsville.
      We are group # 42 and our line up spot is somewhere near the RR tracks. The Parade route is an easy ride, about a mile long, the road runs slightly downhill, participants should be able to mount and ride thier own uni with a minimum of assistance.

      This is always a fun event, Last year we won the Judge's Choice trophy!!

      Wear holiday theme clothing, I have some extra Santa hats if you need one.

      Call me on my cell if you need more info (706) 338 0538

      Al Lieffring