BIG NEWS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      Dear All,

      I have some very important news to share with you and I apologize most
      sincerely in advance for utilizing a mass email.

      A week ago, Anne accepted an appointment with the U.S. Department of State
      as an Information Resources Officer. It¹s a really great opportunity, both
      professionally and financially. She reports to Washington, D.C. on January
      23 for orientation, which will be followed by several months of intensive
      training. After that, she will be posted, possibly to D.C., but most likely
      to a foreign office. Naturally, we have no real idea yet where that might
      be. Could be great, could be a ³hardship post.²

      I have bookings through March 13 and will probably commute between Atlanta
      and D.C. for some time after that as I figure out the best disposition for
      my house and (way too much) stuff. Eventually, however, I¹ll be going
      abroad; though I want to make it clear that I intend to maintain ties and
      will remain available for significant performance/touring opportunities
      stateside.

      This whole business is very scary and exciting, but since I¹ve been bitching
      for years of the need to get out of the United States for awhile, I¹m trying
      to resist the urge to freak out. Besides, the opportunity to live in and
      learn the music of a different culture is pretty cool, especially for an
      accordion player.

      Anyway, it¹s a big change, but I want you to know that I intend to stay in
      touch and will keep you apprised of any Yard, Garage or
      Post-War-On-Christmas-Holiday Sales I come up with in the near future. And
      you are most emphatically invited and encouraged to come and see us...
      wherever we end up.

      Life goes on, the music continues and I love you all.

      Rodger