UPDATE: New Year's Eve in Atlanta

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
      Rodger French here...

      ...and I promise this is the last notice I¹ll send you about New Year¹s Eve.
      But there¹s actual news to report, to wit: reservations are not required.
      Those of you with dinner plans can come to The Graveyard Tavern later in the
      evening and enjoy the festivities for a modest cover charge. Food and drink
      will be in abundance and the band will be well-rehearsed.

      DeLuxe attire, naturally.

      The DeLuxe Vaudeville Orchestra
      New Year¹s Eve Extravaganza

      With Special Guests:
      Tim Settimi, vocals
      Craig Rafuse, guitar

      Saturday, December 31; 9 PM
      The Graveyard Tavern
      1245 Glenwood Avenue, SE., in panoramic East Atlanta

      www.graveyardtavern.com

    • Jay Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
        Well the Graveyard Tavern was THE place to be in Atlanta on New Year's Eve.
        The food was great, the music was fabulous and the camaraderie was superb.

        The DVO was very fortunate to have the services of Craig Rafuse on his new -
        oh so mellow - hollow body, electric blue! guitar. The warm string sound
        magnificently filled the nooks and crannies of the music. And HEY, how about
        those DVO horns. Guys, all that practice has really paid off, with Vic
        Velour smoothly and confidently leading the way and Monsieur Andy Ford
        laying such an eloquent and heartfelt foundation, how could Professor
        LeBoeuf do anything other than soar on the inimitable bazooka of love? And
        did I mention that the maestro's violin danced our ears with delight. But to
        top off the savory richness of the ensemble like real whip cream on the
        finest of French pastries, we were treated to the scrumptious vocals of Mr.
        Tim Settimi and the gorgeous Ms Bartoli. To say that to our delight Tim
        loves what he does, and it shows, is probably the understatement of the
        season. Aaah, but La Bambola!...she thrills, she delights, she squeezes
        your heart, letting go at just the right moment, spins you around, brushes
        your cheek with a kiss, only to dance off to the next adventure. The
        highlight of the evening had to be her stellar rendition of "Stardust". She
        and all of us transported by the bands brilliance.

        Of course lest I forget the unsung heroes of the rhythm section, the cool
        and efficient Ken Brown on drums - we were even treated to a drum solo. And
        our own, Mademoiselle La Banana, lovingly thumping out those bass notes,
        without whose anchor the music might just float away. Hip-hop has nothing on
        the DVO - who needs a sub-woofer! - WE have La Banana. But finally folks, it
        is to that artiste of the accordion and leader extrodinaire that we owe a
        deep debt of gratitude. For without his vision, tireless hard work, dry wit
        and iron willed (well he would have us believe it so) leadership of this
        motley gang of rabble-rousers alas we would have no Deluxe Vaudeville
        Orchestra. The world would certainly be a sadder place without. Yes it is to
        the masterful and immensely talented Monsieur Lenny DeLuxe that need our
        homage be paid. The virtuosity of his playing, a sheer pleasure to
        experience, so deftly accomplished that one barely notices his use of
        melody, as he weaves the musicians into a rich tapestry of sound. Musical
        sage par excellence.

        And even as it is said, that Navaho craftsman leave a flaw in their woven
        creations - to let the spirit out, so the DVO left us with one small
        flaw...there was no juggling! By conscious design or through sheer
        forgetfulness in the heat of the moment? Perhaps merely serendipitous cosmic
        understanding - innate knowledge of quantum needfulness to allow space for
        2005 to escape - so as to deliver to us the ultimate gift, another year
        filled with waves of possibilities to do with as we will. And you thought
        that nothing could top your most recent anniversary performance at Pine
        Lake. Ha! I predict that we have as yet only just begun to experience the
        limitless potential of the DVO.

        So it's hats off to the DVO and a big thanks to the Graveyard Tavern for an
        all around superior evening! No way not to have a screamingly successful
        2006 after a kick off like that!

        Muchas gracias,

        J J