Re: [JUGGLING_GA] other possible Hugo activities...

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
      I'm interested in both events, but definitely prefer the 2:00 PM Sunday show. See ya at Hugo. -J

      ARISTOCRACY, n.
      Government by the best men. (In this sense the word is obsolete; so is that kind of government.) Fellows that wear downy hats and clean shirts -- guilty of education and suspected of bank accounts.
      --Ambrose Bierce

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
        The Aristocrats sounds interesting, maybe the circus too. Do they
        conflict with the goings on at the festival?

        Dave
        On Aug 26, 2005, at 11:02 AM, NoMail1781@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 8/26/2005 10:45:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com writes:
        >
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:50 -0000
        > From: "sglpics" <afettbro@...>
        > Subject: other possible Hugo activities...
        >
        > For those of you planning on coming to the Hugo fest in Davidson...
        > The Aristocrats, http://www.thearistocrats.com/
        > will be playing in Charlotte at The Manor theater on September 2nd. I
        > do not
        > know the
        > showtimes yet, but the number to The Manor is 704-334-2727. I may be
        > interested in
        > trying to get together a group of folks to go and see it, depending
        > on the
        > times. Also of
        > note... on Sunday, September 4th, The Moscow State Circus will be at
        > Cricket
        > Arena in
        > Charlotte at 2:00 and 7:00. Tickets are $22 and $7.50 for 12 and
        > under.
        > Cricket Arena. http://www.cricketarenacharlotte.com/
        > I will probably go to one of these shows. Any interested parties, let
        > me
        > know and we will
        > try and go together. Looking forward to seeing any and all of you
        > Atlanta
        > folks who
        > happen to make it up to our little festival next week.
        > Ciao for now...
        > Steve aka Al fredo Fettucini
        >

        > Hi Steve,
        >
        > I saw "The Aristocrats" here in Atlanta on opening night. It is very
        > funny
        > in parts, but I do hope you know this is NOT a family-friendly movie,
        > and many
        > people walk out of the movie. There is no nudity, violence, or sex in
        > the
        > movie, but discussions of some of the most foul sexual perversions
        > that you can
        > think of. Again, I thought it was very funny in parts. It's 80
        > minutes long,
        > and that is probably about 20 minutes too long. But you'll have to
        > let me
        > know what you thought of it after you see it.
        >
        > Jimmy Robertson

      • sglpics
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
          Yes,
          Thanks for the warning, Jimmy. I was quite aware of the subject material of The
          Aristocrats. It being one of the oldest, if not the very oldest joke in show business, I've
          actually heard a couple of versions of the joke told. I just assumed
          that everyone on the egroup would know that it is not exactly "Disney" fare. I did include a
          link to the website, just so no one would be completely surprised. I did see where it was in
          Atlanta already. I'll get back to you later with my review. Once again, sorry we will not be
          seeing you this year Jimmy...

          ...and Dave, as far as conflicts with festival events go, depending on the movie times, it
          may, or may not conflict with Friday night activities. The 2:00 Sunday circus show is during
          our regular Sunday meeting (which is the last activity of the fest. ) The 7:00 circus show
          will not conflict with anything.

          Steve