Re: [JUGGLING_GA] Bizzoso Café and Fiesta

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
      Um, today is the 4th. So I thought the fiestival was next week &&
      weekend?

      I'm planning on being there for at least part, but so far I haven't
      thought that far ahead. If it's really the 8th,9th,10th then I have
      serious conflicts.

      -- CHS

      On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 08:52, Shifalo, Toni wrote:
      > DEAR AJA: Following is the official scoop on the festa this weekend.

      > So far only Ray has volunteered to come juggle on Saturday afternoon
      from

      > 2-4pm at Horizon School with me. Don't let the $100 ticket price
      scare

      > you...we just figured if you could say "$10 or PAY WHATEVER YOU CAN",
      you

      > could just as easily say "$100 or PAY WHATEVER YOU CAN". I figure two

      > hours of juggle time is worth at least $50 per hour...and an impromptu

      > 2-5minute juggle performance Thur-Fri-Sat evening could be worth up

      > to $200 of donation--more than enough to cover your ticket price,

      > especially if you make a small monetary donation too. Just give me a
      clue

> [...]

      > Intijacta (South American music), Sincodiga (Latin
      > rock), Veronica Lugue Nojuez (poetry), Julia de Leon
      > (gypsy dance), Sueño Latino (theatre), Orgullo Latino
      > (theatre), Kevin Dunn (music), Celeste Miller and
      > Normando Ismay ("Adios Nonino"), Elise Witt
      > Every Night: Normando Ismay, a.k.a. Papa Bizzoso and
      > Priscilla Smith as Mama Bizzoso
      >
      > FIESTA BIZZOSO
      > Saturday Oct. 16
      > From 11 AM until Café Bizzoso starts
      > The buildings and grounds of Horizon School will be
      > full of activities for all ages that celebrate the joy
      > of art-making. For the novice and the experienced,
      > workshops will be led by master artists sharing their
      > skills in rotating workshops and ongoing projects. On
      > this great family day you can come take a hip hop
      > workshop with Omari Fox, make a song with Elise Witt,
      > a talking-dance with Celeste Miller, a doll with
      > Theresa Davis, and more
      > Join Jeff Mather in a site specific sculpture
      > adventure, paint a mural with Papa Bizzoso, or juggle
      > with the Atlanta Juggler's Association. Take a break
      > for delicious food, and to enjoy the Artists'Market
      > or step into Cafe Bizzoso for the music.
      > At 4:00 Cafe Bizzoso will be taken over for The Kid's
      > Bizzoso as performance for and by children will take
      > place, with storytelling, music and dance.
      > At 6:00PM there will be more food and a chance to
      > meet the artists.
      >
      > FOR MORE INFORMATION, TICKETS, RESERVATIONS CALL
      > 404-653-0951
      > WWW.ALTERNATEROOTS.ORG/BIZZOSO
      > EMAIL: BIZZOSO_C@...
      >
      > Café Bizzoso (OCT 14-16) and Fiesta (OCT 16)
      > Suggested donation $100 or PAY WHATEVER YOU CAN
      >
      > WHY THE BIG BIZZOSO?
      > Normando Ismay, a.k.a. Papa Bizzoso, was diagnosed
      > with malignant melanoma this summer. He had surgery
      > on August 16, and the good news is that the test
      > results show that the cancer had not spread. The bad
      > news is that, like many artists and 41 million other
      > Americans, Normando doesn't have health insurance.
      > In light of Normando's situation and in recognition
      > that a "for profit" health care system is an atrocity
      > in a country as advanced as the United States -
      > performing and visual artists are coming together to
      > do something about the situation. Normando and other
      > artists are forming a Collective for Artists's Health
      > Resources, that will serve as a resource to direct
      > artists to affordable health insurance, and a
      > replinishable fund for artists to borrow emergency
      > funds from.
      >
      > This event is being organized with the generous
      > support and assistance of Alternate ROOTS and the
      > artists of Alternate ROOTS and special thanks to
      > Horizons School for the donation of their space.
      >
      > Please Join Us, or send friends, or send us your best
      > wishes!!!!
      > If you want You can make your contributions to:
      > Alternate ROOTS, and write "Normando Medical" in the
      > memo section, and mail to Alternate ROOTS, 1083 Austin

    • LUIC
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
        On Oct 4, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Shifalo, Toni wrote:

> [...]
        > in a country as advanced as the United States -
        > performing and visual artists are coming together to
        > do something about the situation. Normando and other
        > artists are forming a Collective for Artists's Health
        > Resources, that will serve as a resource to direct
        > artists to affordable health insurance, and a
        > replinishable fund for artists to borrow emergency
        > funds from.
        >
        > This event is being organized with the generous
        > support and assistance of Alternate ROOTS and the
        > artists of Alternate ROOTS and special thanks to
        > Horizons School for the donation of their space.
        >
        > Please Join Us, or send friends, or send us your best
        > wishes!!!!
        > If you want You can make your contributions to:
        > Alternate ROOTS, and write "Normando Medical" in the
        > memo section, and mail to Alternate ROOTS, 1083 Austin

      • LUIC
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2004
          Sounds fun..
          I expect to do 1 day..

          Bobbler

          On Oct 4, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Shifalo, Toni wrote:
          > DEAR AJA: Following is the official scoop on the festa this weekend.
          > So far only Ray has volunteered to come juggle on Saturday afternoon
          > from 2-4pm at Horizon School with me. Don't let the $100 ticket price
          > scare you...we just figured if you could say "$10 or PAY WHATEVER YOU
          > CAN", you could just as easily say "$100 or PAY WHATEVER YOU CAN". I
          > figure two hours of juggle time is worth at least $50 per hour...and
          > an impromptu 2-5minute juggle performance Thur-Fri-Sat evening could
          > be worth up to $200 of donation--more than enough to cover your ticket
          > price, especially if you make a small monetary donation too. Just
          > give me a clue if you're inclined to come so I can inform the ticket
          > takers.
          >
          > Note that Friday night the DVO plays , Lisa Q will do a monlogue, and
          > I will do my new Afghan War Rug piece
          > Thanks, Toni
          >

          > BIZZOSO CAFE AND FIESTA
          >
          > Normando Ismay, a.k.a. Papa Bizzoso, FUNdraiser for
          > medical funds and the establishment of a resource for
          > artists' healthcare
          >
          > VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTISTS CONVERGE FOR THREE DAYS
          > OF PERFORMANCE AND ART
          >
          > *
          > WHEN: THURSDAY OCT. 14 - SATURDAY OCT. 16, 2004
          > WHERE: THE HORIZONS SCHOOL, 1900 Dekalb Ave., Atlanta,
          > Café Bizzoso Oct 14 -16
          > Café Bizzosos are a legendary part of the Atlanta art
          > t any time, and
        • LUIC
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2004
            THU and SAT for me..

            (thu contingent of me getting the day off work)..
            And I want to watch the tango performance (thu)..
            If anyone wants to see tango, this is a good opportunity..

            I want to pass clubs... Anyone?

            Bobbler..