4th of July party on the 5th

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      It's time to celebrate again! When: July 5, 2004

      Please join us for another 4th of July bash in our backyard (on Monday the
      5th). Come juggle, dance, play and eat real made-from-scratch Brunswick
      stew cooked all day long over an open fire. For those of you who haven't
      been here for stew-making before, it's made from an old family recipe by our
      friend and local Santa -- Mark Turpin -- and it's yummy!

      The festivities start around 11 AM when we put all the ingredients into the
      stew (peel potatoes, chop onions and lots of other stuff). Join us anytime
      that afternoon for frozen margaritas and stirring the stew. We'll serve the
      stew from 5-7 PM. Bring your family, some lawn chairs, juggling stuff and
      lawn toys, a side dish to share (veggies, salad, dessert, chips or munchies)
      and beer or anything else you want to drink (we'll provide margaritas, sodas
      and lemonade). You can also take a dip in our hot tub if you like.

      See you on July 5th! Don't forget - it's on the 5th this year, not the 4th.

      Joyce and Andy
      77-977-2558

      Here are some pictures from past stew parties on the 4th:
      http://www.howardfamily.cc/July_4th.htm

      Directions to our house at 1563 Leeds Court: From Atlanta drive north on
      I-75 towards Chattanooga. Go past I-285 about two miles and take the South
      Marietta Parkway (Loop 120) exit #263 and go right on Loop 120. Go through
      two traffic lights and then take the Roswell-Marietta exit (Highway 120) and
      go right on Hwy. 120 (also called Roswell Rd.) towards Roswell. Go past all
      the traffic lights and shopping areas in the first mile and continue about
      two miles until you come to an intersection with a traffic light and a
      shopping center and a McDonald's on the left. Turn left at the light onto
      Old Canton Road. Go to the next traffic light and turn right onto Sewell
      Mill Road. Go about a mile (you'll cross a little bridge) and then turn
      right at the top of the next hill (fourth right after bridge) onto Meadow
      Chase Drive. Take the first right (Heath Lane), then the first left (Saxon
      Way), and then the first left again (Leeds Court). Our house is on the
      circle at the end of the street on the left-hand side. The number 1563 is
      on the mailbox.
    • Rick Purtee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        Joyce,
        I am sorry but L-J and I have a reservation at Yellowstone Park on the 5th
        of July. This is the second stop on our way to Buffalo in my 1991 VW
        Vanagon. The first stop being the The Dead and Allman Brother Band concert
        at the Gorge Amphitheatre (http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/) a
        place that needs to be seen to be truly believed.

        We will have some tails to tell when we arrive on Buffalo on Monday
        afternoon. See you there!

        Rick Purtee

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/UMTolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Links