GH fest gym

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      HELP!!! We cannot use Grady High School girls' gym this year for our
      festival. They are renovating the entire campus. I talked with a coach in
      Nov. and he thought we could rent it, but when Toni and I talked with the
      person in charge today to sign the contract, she said that they are not
      renting any spaces this school year. We will probably be able to rent it
      again next year (with new lights in the gym!).

      Meanwhile....for this year.....we must find a place to rent for the
      festival....VERY SOON. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let us
      know, or better yet, call them and find out if the place is available the
      weekend of Feb. 6-8 and how much it would cost. We need a space for Fri.
      5-10PM, Sat. 10-10, Sun. 11-5. If we can't get those hours, we'll make do
      with what we can get.

      Post a message to this forum when you check a place, yes or no or maybe.
      That way we won't be calling the same places twice. If you have any
      questions, call me at 770-977-2558 or Toni at work 404-827-1946 or home
      404-299-3686.

    • Bobbler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
        Oh crap. I remember a few years ago trying to find an alternate location... I thought about those rent-a-tents... but found the price was astronomical. One thing that comes to mind though: is I heard someone talking at a festival (I think) about how a juggling fest was held at a mall somewhere (IE the large center area where Santa sometimes hangs out... was roped off for jugglers)... Just an idea... What about the Grady BIG Gym? I remember looking in the door a few years ago and it was already remodeled (probably already rented out?)... The only other thing I can think of is a room that was rented for a recent tango weekend... I think it was at the Biltmore Hotel... ground floor... high ceilings... maybe 3/4 the size of the Grady gym (although this might cost too much... and its unknown how they wouls feel about our planned use, LOL). Let me know and I'll look up the "actual" name... and ask how much the room cost.

        Bobbler

        -- Bobbler@... --