Re: [JUGGLING_GA] vendors

  • Rob McDonald
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2003
      I haven't spoken with John Drummond in years, but back when he just opened
      up shop, I bought a rather silly (even for a uni) unicycle from him. I met
      with him personally to pick out the parts, and then went up with a friend to
      pick it up. Later on, I accompanied the same friend to purchase a (less
      silly) unicycle. John built it while we waited. I remember watching his
      four year old freemounting a tiny little uni, and being welcome to try all
      the unis in the garage (giraffe, Cocker, Mountain, trick bike, etc.) A few
      months later, my friend and I joined John in riding in the Marietta 4th of
      July parade. Various uni riders from allover the southeast came to town
      including a huge Auburn club IIRC. The next year, he e-mailed me again for
      the 4th parade, but I couldn't make it. I haven't heard from him since.
      His business has grown from his garage to a neighbor's garage to a real
      warehouse and now a storefront. Back when I spoke with him, I invited him
      to attend Groundhog, but I think he had some conflict...

      Anyway, I'm willing to make some attempt at contact, if this is the best
      we've got. But, if someone out there has more recent contact (something in
      the last 3 years), I think that would be more appropriate. Has anyone
      attended the fledgling unicycle club meetings?

      Rob

      > I tried unsuccessfully to contact them last year. Rob, if you know them,
      perhaps you would be kind enough to invite them. The AJA collects 10% of
      the gross (it's on the honor system) and will provide two eight foot tables
      and two chairs. We get approx 150 registered jugglers and 500-1000 members
      of the general public for the free show on Saturday. Please let me know if
      you are, or are not comfortable doing this. Randy

      > Has anyone extended a specific invitation to Unicycle.com? Good people,
      and
      > local (Marietta at least), and they've been workin with some our one
      > wheelers to get a uni club goin...
      >
      > > Ladies and Germs,
      > >
      > > All three vendors from last year's festival will be back for this
      year's
      > festival--Infinite Illusions, Todd Smith Products, and Andy's Odd
      Sports.
      > Each will need the customary number of tables and chairs.
      > >
      > > Randy :)

      > > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      > >
      > > TO JOIN EMAIL ONLY, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
      > > Juggling_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > > TO JOIN VIA WEB (YOU GET MORE OPTIONS):
      > >
      > > TO EDIT EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION (or UN-SUBSCRIBE):
      > > Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga
      > > TO UN_SUBSCRIBE, SEND BLANK EMAIL TO:
      > >
      > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web site:
      > > Http://www.atlantajugglers.org
      > > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION TwIki page:
      > > http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > ---

      Service.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2003
        Go for it D00d. I have tried to attend about three unicycle meetings so
        far, and invited the Atlanta Unicycle Club to one of our meetings. but
        have come up empty or near-empty each time. I've met Donna Hale and her
        kid once or twice, and the guy from the Lovett School has come by
        juggling once as well.

        My fencing schedule makes it difficult for me to make the twice-monthly
        weekend meets of the Atlanta Unicycling Club. I tend to try for the ones
        early in the month, which are usually billed as cross-country jaunts
        near the Chattahoochee in Northwest Atlanta. I suspect that the
        late-month meetings at the Lovett School are more regular. They have an
        email list at Atlantaunicycleclub@yahoogroups.com. I'm subscribed, and I
        try to cross-post what I receive to this list.

        Last year we had a Really Fun unicycle polo game outside in the parking
        lot. I'd love to see some of the folks from the Lovett School at the
        juggling festival.

        -- CHS