Re: [JUGGLING_GA]Belle Cher

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2003
      I pretty much gave up on Belle Cher years ago. In fact, the whole arts scene
      in Asheville seems weird to me, but that's just my own personal perspective.

      Bottom line: definitely not worth the effort.

      Rodger

      > From: "Shifalo, Toni" <toni.shifalo@...>
      > Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:19:44 -0400
      > To: "'JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com'" <JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: RE: [JUGGLING_GA]Belle Cher
      >
      > "Acts may wear their normal stage clothes but WE ARE REQUESTING that you also
      > WEAR OR HAVE a major prop that is silver.
      > We are looking for EXPERIENCED jugglers
      > You are encouraged to pass out any promotional materials you may have but NO
      > BUSKING, please.
      > In addition to this space, the FESTIVAL REQUIRES that ALL JUGGLERS working the
      > festival SPEND ALLOCATED TIME
      > in the children's area (a city quad). While there, YOU WILL PERFORM and those
      > of you who have the props to teach are encouraged to do so.
      > THERE ARE NO FEES TO PERFORM IN THE FESTIVAL"...etc etc etc
      >

      > This is my problem with this festival which has been going for 25 years...and
      > used to pay performers when it began. I guess they don't have to now, but I
      > won't encourage any AJAers to go, how much does recognition in Ashville
      > pay????
      >
      > I know this sounds like sour grapes but Belle Cher MAKES money and for years
      > has insisted on NOT paying performers. Even tiny Clarkston is paying us to
      > come out Saturday June 28!!!

      > VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web page:
      >
      > PICTURES FROM GROUND HOG DAY JUGGLERS FESTIVAL:
      > http://atlantajugglers.home.mindspring.com/gh01.htm
      > http://atlantajugglers.home.mindspring.com/gh02.htm

    • Randy Fenster
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2003
        One need not drive four hours each way to volunteer. There are plenty of budget challenged talent seekers right here in Atlanta. Randy

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor