Re: [JUGGLING_GA] International Children's Day

  • Bobbler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2003
      I might go... my weekends are so booked up though. Can
      someone please post a reminder a week or so before?

      Bobbler

      -----------------------------
      -- Bobbler@... --
      -----------------------------
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2007
        A few years ago Jonathan Perry and I answered a request to help teach
        juggling at this Children's Day festival in April at an elementary school.
        We had a great time teaching lots of kids for a few hours. It was a very
        rewarding experience. They were so appreciative and presented us several
        nice gifts from their sponsors.

        Maz, the organizer, came to the Groundhog festival and invited us to perform
        at the festival this year. He especially would like to see some young
        jugglers perform for their audience for about 5-10 minutes. Please give him
        a call or email him at mazkosma@... if you're interested.

        Joyce

        March 11, 2007

        Atlanta Jugglers

        Attn: Ms. Joyce Howard

        Dear Ms. Howard,

        I am writing to invite the Atlanta Jugglers to the Annual International
        Children's Day (Children's Holiday) Celebration 2007.

        Children's Holiday was originated as the National Sovereignty Day in Turkey
        in 1920. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founding father of modern Turkey,
        dedicated the day, April 23rd, as the official Children's Holiday. Children
        show their appreciation and celebrate their special day with their own
        parades, shows and all sorts of children's entertainment throughout the day.
        In the 1980's, UNICEF recognized the Children's Holiday and it has since
        been celebrated more like an International Children's Day.

        This year, as the Turkish-American community, we plan to celebrate the
        Children's Holiday in Atlanta on Saturday, April 21, 2007 at 1:00 pm. The
        celebration will take place at the Centennial Place Elementary School
        auditorium. This is a free event to the public and there is no admission
        fee. We will have many cultural activities and a fun-filled day for the
        children. In addition, we will provide complimentary refreshments and
        variety of gifts (books, t-shirts, cups, pencils, etc.) from our sponsors.

        On behalf of the organizing committee, I would like to invite Atlanta
        Jugglers with a performing group (kids doing yo-yo tricks, uni cycle) to the
        Children's Holiday Celebration. Any school age children, parents and
        teachers are welcome. If your group would like to join us this year, please
        complete and return the attached form by April 6, 2007 so we can schedule
        your group's performance.

        If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at (404) 894-1386
        (day time) or (404) 303-7799 (evening/weekends). I am looking forward to
        your group's participation.

        Sincerely,

        Maz Kosma

        Children's Holiday Organizing Committee Chair

        Event : Children's Holiday (International Children's Day)

        Date : Saturday, April 21, 2007

        Time : 1:00 P.M.

        Location: Centennial Place Elementary School

        Please complete and return this form by April 6, 2007 in order for us to
        arrange the performance schedule. Please keep your group's performance
        within 5-10 minutes.

        Thank you for your participation.

        Performing Group Information

        School/Organization:

        Type of Performance:

        Number of Children in the Group:

        Number of Parents/Teachers with the Group:
        ___________________________________

        Group Leader / Contact person:

        Telephone # ____________________________ Fax #
        ________________________

        E-mail:

        Specific performance needs (e.g. Microphone):
        __________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2007
          According to google maps, Centennial Place Elementary School is just West of
          the intersection of Luckie Street and North Avenue, about 1/2 mile from
          where I'm sitting. I pass it regularly on my morning commute. It serves
          studens K-5.

          Centennial Place Elementary School
          531 Luckie Street
          Atlanta, GA 30313