Re: viruses and changes to the list

  • bluezenjazz
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2002
      So if I'm a member of the group, why can't I upload a jpeg to the
      files area? Do one of you moderators have to give me privileges? -J

      --- In JUGGLING_GA@y..., "dearcarl" <dearcarl@y...> wrote
      > I changed the privileges for grothfam@t... so he/she cannot
      > post to the list. Does anyone know who this person is?
      >
      > To avoid future problems with viruses, I made changes to the
      Posting
      > settings for the list. I changed the "Who can post" setting
      > to "Discussion", meaning only members can post, and
      the "Attachments"

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2002
        Oh heck, just use the TWiki and publish a pointer.

        http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA

        -- CHS

      • bobbler@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2002
          > So if I'm a member of the group, why can't I upload a jpeg to the files area? Do one of you moderators have to give me privileges? -J

          J,

          As far as I can tell, you should be able to dwnld files. Make sure you are trying to dwnld *from* the addy you are a member with. Below are the relavent group settings (I think).

          If you still cant dwnld the JPEG, let me know (and I'll change the settings and see if it works then).

          BObbler

          --- Public (anyone, including non-members, can view files)
          --- Members (upload/modify/download files)

          *** Limited (members can download files; moderators can upload/modify/download files)

          ---Moderators only (upload/modify/download files)
          ---Off (no one can access the Files feature)