Spring into Renovations

  • Shifalo, Toni
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      Spring into Renovations

      Hey Club: the roof repairs seem to be successful over the AJA room.  Anyone notice any water inside lately?  If not, then it's time to finish the renovations begun years ago by Patrick.  I have a couple people interested in teaching acting classes this summer, so I think we need to get the work completed by June 15.

      We decided we want to get NEW lights--did anyone investigate the situation?  We need to finish the sheetrock work: installation, taping, PAINTING--anyone have colors in mind?  We should do something to finish the floor--anyone have a preference?

      We have the money to do this work so we can hire it done--anyone know a contractor?  Let's get three bids and get started.  Feed me your ideas, desires, and hireable skills (all related to the RENOVATIONS please!).

      Thanks, Toni

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        Oh wow this will be so AWESOME.

        Seems to me that what we really need are new bulbs & ballasts for the
        lights? I'll spend some time on a ladder over a weekend to do the
        necessary high work if someone'll help out. Abdul says we have the wrong
        kind of bulbs in at least some of the fixtures now -- the right ones
        should last a long time.

        Andy's probly the man on contractors. If he has no opinion then I've had
        good luck with Sawhorse ( http://www.sawhorse.w1.com/
        <http://www.sawhorse.w1.com/> ). They are supposed to be a little
        pricey, but both home remodeling projects we've tried with them have
        turned out well and mostly on time.

        The Atlanta Fencers' Club has a floor made from 3/4" plywood sheets set
        on a grid of 3' squares made from crossed 1/2" risers, tacked down with
        wallboard screws and covered with spar varnish. You can jump hard on it
        and not hurt it or yourself, and it's tacky enough so you don't slip yet
        slick enough so you won't lose pieces of your shoes on it in
        pirouettes. I dunno if weight is a concern at the Space though. The
        fencing floor is over a concrete slab. Since we're not working over
        concrete, we might-could get away with just one set of risers, set in
        lines instead of a grid. Richard Huber might be the Man on this.

        Hey Club: the roof repairs seem to be successful over the AJA room.
        Anyone notice any water inside lately? If not, then it's time to finish
        the renovations begun years ago by Patrick. I have a couple people
        interested in teaching acting classes this summer, so I think we need to
        get the work completed by June 15.

        We decided we want to get NEW lights--did anyone investigate the
        situation? We need to finish the sheetrock work: installation, taping,
        PAINTING--anyone have colors in mind? We should do something to finish
        the floor--anyone have a preference?

        We have the money to do this work so we can hire it done--anyone know a
        contractor? Let's get three bids and get started. Feed me your ideas,
        desires, and hireable skills (all related to the RENOVATIONS please!).

        Thanks, Toni

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        063188:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=101784523
        9%3eM=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705063188:HM/A=10002
        39/R=1>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=1705063188:HM/A=1000239/rand=164383447>

        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

        TO JOIN OR LEAVE THIS GROUP, send blank email to:
        JUGGLING_GA-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        TO POST AN EMAIL TO THIS LIST:
        You must first be a member of the list.
        Then send simply send an email to juggling_GA@...

        TO EDIT YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS LIST:
        <Http://www.YahooGroups.com/group/juggling_ga>

        VISIT THE ATLANTA JUGGLERS ASSOCIATION web page:
        Http://www.juggler.net/aja/ <Http://www.juggler.net/aja/>

        <http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/AJA/WebHome>

        PICTURES FROM GHD JUGGLERS FESTIVAL (Ground Hog Day):
        http://alhoward.home.mindspring.com/aja/gh97.htm
        <http://alhoward.home.mindspring.com/aja/gh97.htm>
        http://alhoward.home.mindspring.com/aja/gh98.htm
        <http://alhoward.home.mindspring.com/aja/gh98.htm>