4982Re: [JUGGLING_GA] New renegade clubs

  • Bobs Bs Mail
    Jan 15, 2014
      Hey spencer, be careful in the restroom. .

      On Jan 15, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Spencer Schwab <schs0018@...> wrote:

      It could be my acid secreting palms. Gets me every time.

      On Wed, 1/15/14, Bobs Bs Mail <bobbler@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [JUGGLING_GA] New renegade clubs
      To: "JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com" <JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:44 AM

      Lol..I was going to ask black
      white)..
      I believe
      mine were over 15 years old, and seemed to deteriorate same
      way you said your 4-year white
      dd.   It seems the white is crappy
      rubber,  But, I toughs Justin didn't have a
      problem? (Ill re read).

      On Jan 15, 2014, at
      10:19 AM, Spencer Schwab <schs0018@...>
      wrote:

      Typo

      "would not get WHITE again."

      On Wed, 1/15/14, Spencer Schwab <schs0018@...>

      To: JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:17 AM

      Bob,

      I got the white knobs and they broke in less than a year.

      All three of them. I never cleaned them, it has to do
      with

      the white rubber they use. I replaced them with black

      knobs. The caps are still white though. Maybe they
      changed

      the rubber since then (4 years ago) but I would not get

      black again.

      - Spencer

      wrote:

      To: "JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com"

      <JUGGLING_GA@yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 9:44 AM

      Thanks Justin.

      I do want the white.. Good point,

      maybe the formulation as changed,  Maybe my mind is

      playing

      tricks on me, but I did remember years ago someone

      saying

      the black was more durable, and sure enough it seemed

      like

      everyone with white knobs had almost worn away..  I

      pondered If this is because people used cleaning

      solutions

      on the white knobs, and never needed to bother with the

      black knobs.

      remember having a few knobs only glued at the end of
      the

      dowel (and not the sides).  We called them squishy

      knobs,

      and they eventually broke.  I saw renegades directions

      glue all with barge, not only the end of dowel (if you

      get

      the one in the yellow tube or can, great stuff).  But

      the

      sides might have tape or plastic which is resistant to

      the

      glue.. Perhaps skin off with a knife before glueing if

      appl.

      I think I

      juggled your px3, or someone's., and I hated the

      flexing

      feel.. Although very easy on the hands.,  I'd go

      for

      it, if they would stiffen the plastic just a bit.

      I never got used to

      Henry's.. I owned some pink ones think., sold them

      George and I think he liked them., perhaps the diff is

      because I like to pass, and George does solo stuff
      more.

       What I really hated about the Henry's; the

      slippery

      bulbs.. With renegades when you get in the zone,, you

      can

      catch either end and no problem.

      95-bulbs., I think there are two

      types., hard and soft., I like the soft., I believe my

      105s

      are hard., the hard are more durable though, because
      the

      95s

      bulbs that got stole, the plastic was so weak all the

      bulbs

      were breaking..

      liked only the middle decoration.. I liked the
      balance..

      And

      it never gets touched when dropped., but I don't

      care

      enough to pay fir it probably.

      On Jan 15, 2014, at

      6:26 AM, Justin Mullins <rocketman5421@...>

      wrote:

      Hey,

      Sad

      to hear about the old clubs.

      95s

      are a great balance. I enjoy my 85s, but for passing
      95s

      are

      the way to go.

      haven't

      tried the round knobs but I like the original. They

      don't get in the way, and are good for just about

      everything. I will say that the one complaint I've

      had

      about the renegades is the knob design. I liked my px3s

      because they weren't glued on. Not that I've
      had

      trouble with the renegades popping off, but I have seen

      old

      clubs where the knob simply deteriorates in a circle

      around

      where all the stress is because they don't glue

      anything

      but the tip of the rod. Not sure if that's still

      true.

      Anyway I felt fine doing flairs with my px3s and

      swinging

      away at the knob, but I'm more careful

      about putting excessive stresses on the renegade

      knobs.

      can't

      tell a huge difference in the handle sizes. It's
      not

      large difference in weight either. I stuck with the

      normal

      weight. Either is probably fine. Renegades don't
      have

      very soft handle, but if you're looking for that, I

      would suggest wrapped handles only. The unwrapped use a

      different plastic that is thicker, and basically a
      brick

      juggle. Jimmy has them and they are extremely

      inappropriate

      for any higher numbers. I can't juggle 5 with them

      for

      more than a few dozen throws before I

      have to put them down. The other thing to look into is

      the

      hybrids. You can get a px3 handle with a renegade bulb.

      The

      px3 handles are much softer, but I'm not sure if

      that's an attribute more of the plastic being

      flexible,

      or the plastic rod in the center having more flex than

      the

      wood rods renegade uses. I'm sure it has something

      do

      with both, but not sure how profound that change would

      be.

      have white knobs because I juggle indoors, and it

      doesn't mark a gym floor or walls. I've had
      them

      for

      a while with no durability issues. I would say they

      became more tacky rather than slippery as I used them,

      but

      definitely more smooth. I would ask renegade how their

      knobs

      have changed. It's quite possible the compound they

      use

      is better now. They look to me to be very similar in
      feel

      the black ones. I imagine they'll be good for a

      number

      of years either way. Some of the old black knob

      renegades

      feel spongier than mine, but newer ones feel the same,
      and

      would venture that will happen to mine too as they age.

      would, and did, buy based on looks, they're too

      similar

      not to.

      am also a fan of not

      having decorations because of the amount I juggle, and

      the

      durability factor of them. But I will say I enjoy the

      extra

      weight they provide towards the bulb of the club, and

      perhaps that is even more noticeable on the 85s because

      the

      bulb is already smaller and they are closer to a short

      handle feel because of it. I still opted for single

      color,

      it's a personal preference here. I think the
      balance

      is

      better on the 95s overall though, and prefer those

      undecorated for the same reason, but going the other

      way.

      7

      is a good number, if you think you'll need

      it, get 8. : P

      You'll

      get used to whatever you juggle. : )

      Best

      of luck shopping around. I would say look at other

      companies, but Dube's are god awful

      in nearly every way and cost a ton. Henry's are

      very

      good and the more I juggle them the more I'm

      convinced

      they'll be my next club, but everybody juggles

      Renegades

      around here, so if you like them to match,

      well....

      Best,Justin

      On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:55 AM,

      Bobbler EarthLink <bobbler@...>

      wrote:

      Mine were stolen (car break in).

      Buying new clubs.

      It seems I've been missing the juggling meetings..

      If anyone has club opinions, please speak up.

      Is renegade still slow?

      I think I want 95's again., They always felt
      perfect

      in

      my hand., I juggled 105's got used to the weight,

      but

      still love the 95's.,

      ROUND KNOB?

      Or the regular? I think I tried round knobs for a few

      min

      last year, and I think I remember them catching in my

      hand

      (that little knick after you already threw the club)..

      Has anyone bought the round knobs, hate

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic