JT9 WAS?

  • scottpa1960
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2014
      Has anyone in the group successfully completed JT9 WAS mixed/single band via LoTW yet? If band(s) completed, how many and which band?

      Scott
      KN3A
    • Ed Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2014
        Scott,

        I completed 20 meter JT9 WAS about six months ago, I believe. All contacts were confirmed via LOTW. I have not been actively pursuing JT9 WAS on the other bands, but have 35+ states confirmed on two or three more as I recall. You just have to keep working at it and it will happen for you eventually!

        My immediate goals are JT65 5BWAS with two endorsements (I need just two more states on 10 meters, DE and AR) and JT65 DXCC (I have worked about 95 entities with 79 confirmed via LOTW). I don't really chase the DX, but do work the stations if they are available.

        Ed, K0KC

        Has anyone in the group successfully completed JT9 WAS mixed/single band via LoTW yet? If band(s) completed, how many and which band?

        Scott
        KN3A

      • Al Schwarz
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2014
          I have mixed JT9 WAS completed via LoTW, but for single band my best thus far is 44 on 40M and 37 on 20M. All other bands significantly lower state counts.

          Al ND2K
        • Bill Kasper
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2014
            Yes to mixed JT9 WAS via LoTW
            Band breakdown via LoTW's WAS chart:

            80m 44
            40m 32
            30m 18
            20m 32
            17m 9
            15m 11
            12m 14
            10m 17

            If you remember JT9 started being active only
            on 20m for a long time.

            Also, JT9 operation started before LoTW / other
            ops were getting JT9 entries submitted correctly,
            so could be some hidden under 'data'.

            de Bill K WB2SXY
            -----------------------------------
            On 4/2/2014 5:24 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
            > Scott,
            >
            > I completed 20 meter JT9 WAS about six months ago, I believe. All contacts were confirmed via LOTW. I have not been actively pursuing JT9 WAS on the other bands, but have 35+ states confirmed on two or three more as I recall. You just have to keep working at it and it will happen for you eventually!
            >
            > My immediate goals are JT65 5BWAS with two endorsements (I need just two more states on 10 meters, DE and AR) and JT65 DXCC (I have worked about 95 entities with 79 confirmed via LOTW). I don't really chase the DX, but do work the stations if they are available.
            >

            > Ed, K0KC

            -----
            No virus found in this message.
          • Ed Wilson
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2014
              I seem to recall in the very early days of JT9, 30 meters was a good band to find others, but JT9 activity seemed to migrate to 20 meters rather quickly. When Joe released versions of WSJT-X that covered both JT65 and JT9, activity on the other bands started to increase. The mode has certainly grown, but has not replaced JT65 as quickly as I (for one) had hoped. Lots of folks got comfortable with Joe Large's JT65-HF and are still using it despite the fact that he dropped the project some time ago.

              I had forgotten about the "DATA" mode LOTW entries...I probably have a few "hidden" confirmed JT9 contacts on LOTW as well.

              Ed, K0KC

              -----

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2014
                Ed - yes, you are one from the early days of JT9. I totally agree with all the comments you made about it. I too found for a long time that 20 and 30 meters seemed to be the only two bands that JT9 was really used, but thankfully that has expanded to all the bands too. Ron (VA7HZ) and I both had started the JT65digitalhams Yahoo group and it grew by leaps and bounds, still a very popular spot for JT65 conversation, anyway, we both thought that JT9 would explode from the start and that's why we created this group. While it has grown a lot it isn't nearly what I had expected to date. I think it's going to be popular for a long time to come, but JT65 still seems to be the mode of choice for many. I too use the WSJT-X and get the best of both worlds so I do monitor both with one piece of software instead of JT65-HF or it's reincarnations.

                Looking at my LoTW stats, I have 33 states confirmed on JT9, which means I better get cracking because the stats people are posting here are phenomenal. Great job everyone!

                73 Scott
                KN3A
              • catfish3649
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2014
                  Have mixed with paper cards not lotw yet.  Rich k4tft
                • kd4moj
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 8, 2014