Re: [JT9digitalhams] Digest Number 116 (Mac Clock Accuracy)

  • N7RJN
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2014
      José,

      Thank you. The Mac running OSX has a built in capability of synchronizing with an NTP time server over the Internet. This is enabled in my Mac. However, with OSX 10.9.X, this capability does not consistently work correctly, so the clock will drift.    I have contacted Apple, and they acknowledge it is an issue, however, apparently their code has been optimized for minimum power consumption for portable Macs, rather than clock accuracy.   Apple did not offer a solution to this problem

      Again, thank you for your suggestion.

      Bob - N7RJN

      From: José Angel Amador <co2ja@...>
      Date: Friday, March 28, 2014 at 10:50
      To: JT9 Digital Hams Group <JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [JT9digitalhams] Digest Number 116

      Bob,

      You should look for some external sync source: WWVB, WWV, CHU, GPS or
      the Internet, and resync the computer's clock at least when you are
      going to start operating JT9.

      That seems to be the least effort way and you would be using the same
      reference as everyone else.

      73,

      José, CO2JA