JT9 settngs?

  • scollaysquarewriter
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2013
      Would someone recommend best settings for 160 meter operation?

      Bits/Pixel:
      N Avg:
      Gain:
      Zero:
      Slope:

      Assuming Deepest decode.  Also USB and 1840(allthugh seeing 1838 as proposed frequency).  Any other settings for the rig (IC-718) appreciated.

      Thanks, guys

      David

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2013
        My comments in red below.
        I'm not sure if these settings will work for you as some pertain to your filtering noise levels etc but it works for me

        On 12/21/2013 21:03, WB2HTO@... wrote:

        Would someone recommend best settings for 160 meter operation?

        Bits/Pixel:5
        N Avg:5
        Gain:-2
        Zero:12
        Slope:1.3

        Assuming Deepest decode.  Also USB and 1840(allthugh seeing 1838 as proposed frequency).  Any other settings for the rig (IC-718) appreciated. 1.838 is the standard

        Thanks, guys

        David

      • scollaysquarewriter
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2013

          Thank you, Ron.  Same for 20 meters?

        • Ron Brown
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2014
            sorry I didn't see your follow up question. Yes Some times I'll play with the gain but the most part I leave it all the same