WSJT-X v1.1

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
      Is anyone using the beta WSJT-X v1.1, r3487? I actually really like having the choice of JT65a or JT9 and not have to switch back and forth for different software programs. Joe has done a great job integrating both modes together. And, Laurie has done a nice job configuring JT-Alerts with it.

      I'm just curious who is using the program and what your thoughts are.

      Scott
      KN3A
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
        I really like WSJT-X and the JT-Alertx add-on is extremely useful.
        I like having both modes available without switching software although I usually don't operate both modes simultaneously. I made about 4000 QSOs with JT65-HF and am sorry to see it dead end, but grateful for people like Joe Taylor and Laurie that provide these new innovations and great assets to the ham community.

        73,
        Jim - N4ST

        --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <scolit@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone using the beta WSJT-X v1.1, r3487? I actually really like having the choice of JT65a or JT9 and not have to switch back and forth for different software programs. Joe has done a great job integrating both modes together. And, Laurie has done a nice job configuring JT-Alerts with it.
        >
        > I'm just curious who is using the program and what your thoughts are.
        >
        > Scott
        > KN3A

      • marka007uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
          Hi all,

          I'm now using 1.1r3496 after being away for a short break, and I must echo the good comments of having both JT65 and JT9 in one package togther with the ever superb JTAlertX.

          Togther with the HRD DSN/MySQL backend and cloudlog It all works very smoothly, Joe and Laurie must be thanked for all the work they have put in to make such a mature peice of code (it's never crashed here!) and I would be more than happy to pop a few quid in thier respective beer funds.

          I'm not one of the big guns out there with just a flex 1500 and two pieces of damp string/wire, so JT9 certinatly does the job and even managed to grab a few on 6m SpE when there are two many big JT65 signals out there.

          When using in "dual" mode, (which is fab) the strong signals from JT65 boys 'mask' the weaker JT9 signals because of AGC, but a quick drag on the filter endstops sorts that so that I can work them.

          Just my 6d/2.5p/2cents.

          73 de MarkA.