wsjt-x r3459 closes immediately

  • David Westbrook
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2013
      Just installed the new WSJT-X (r3459 with dual-mode decoding),  and it consistently closes moments (~5 sec) after opening ...

      I'd like to get this working with Commander (IC706MKII)...

      Ideas on diagnosing?

      I directly edited wsjtx.ini to set catEnabled=false  but that didn't help (i thought maybe it was polling with bad defaults or something).
      Running on WinXP.

      --david
      KJ4IZW
    • Laurie, VK3AMA
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2013
        r3459 is old, the latest available from the WSJT-X web page is r3487

        de Laurie VK3AMA

        On 16/07/2013 12:41 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

        > Just installed the new WSJT-X (r3459 with dual-mode decoding), and it
        > consistently closes moments (~5 sec) after opening ...
        >
        > I'd like to get this working with Commander (IC706MKII)...
        >
        > Ideas on diagnosing?
        >
        > I directly edited wsjtx.ini to set catEnabled=false but that didn't
        > help (i thought maybe it was polling with bad defaults or something).
        > Running on WinXP.
        >
        > --david
        > KJ4IZW

      • David Westbrook
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2013
          doh!  I was using that cross-posted email from a couple/few days ago ...    And when i checked the wsjt-x download page today before installing, browser had it cached still.  but I see the r3487 link now ....

          ... and it works!!  now to start playing :)

          --david
          kj4izw