JT9 signals report

  • José Angel Amador
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013

      Even when this feels good for a start, I am afraid it falls a bit short, because from 15 to 6 watts there only a variation of 3.97 dB to cope with a 9 dB variation in SNR, from -6 to -15 dB.
      I feel it also should be correlated to the other guy's ERP.

      73,

      Jose, CO2JA

      1b. JT9 signal reports
          Posted by: "Bill Kasper" williamkasper@... wb2sxy
          Date: Fri Jul 5, 2013 8:05 am ((PDT))

      Hi Julian and Ron,

      I agree with you about the propagation being the
      most important factor in JT9 QSOs. Using about
      5 Watts, I have received reports from -27 to +5.

      A power formula (that works for me and my antenna
      as a starting point) is to reply to someone at the
      absolute value in watts of his signal strength -- for
      example, if I receive him at -06, I answer with about
      6 watts; if I receive him at -15, I answer with about
      15 watts.

      (|his sig strength| * 1 Watt) = my power out

      I did have an issue about a month ago with TX: my
      rig/laptop combination works best with the WSJT-X
      internal DirectX sound drivers.

      Others' comments???

      Tnx es 73 de Bill K WB2SXY