JT9 signal reports

  • Bill Kasper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2013
      Hi Julian and Ron,

      I agree with you about the propagation being the
      most important factor in JT9 QSOs. Using about
      5 Watts, I have received reports from -27 to +5.

      A power formula (that works for me and my antenna
      as a starting point) is to reply to someone at the
      absolute value in watts of his signal strength -- for
      example, if I receive him at -06, I answer with about
      6 watts; if I receive him at -15, I answer with about
      15 watts.

      (|his sig strength| * 1 Watt) = my power out

      I did have an issue about a month ago with TX: my
      rig/laptop combination works best with the WSJT-X
      internal DirectX sound drivers.

      Others' comments???

      Tnx es 73 de Bill K WB2SXY
      ----------
      On 7/5/2013 5:46 AM, g4ilo wrote:
      > I think it shows that what you can hear or work at any given time
      is more to do with propagation conditions than anything else.

      > Julian, G4ILO
      >
      > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "Ron"<gm0ntl50@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I still find the disparity in signal reports received and sent
      using JT9 very confusing. Does anyone have a simple explanation?
      Does output power have any relevance in this? With my 2 watts,
      I receive a wide variation in reports.

      >> 73 Ron GM0NTL

      -----
      No virus found in this message.