Re: [JT9digitalhams] Finer points in using JT9

  • Roger Gray
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21 7:40 AM
      Ron
      Welcome to JT9 it is a very good mode Joe has done a very good job on it.
      I have never seen it listed as QRP and the power out should reflect the
      stations on both ends and the propagation.
      My personal goal is to get a report slightly lower than the station I am
      working
      unless he is almost unreadable.
      I usually run 10 to 15 watts on various antennas and meet this goal but
      not always.
      I have been over 50W on JT9 1 time and that happened in the middle of a qso
      where the prop dropped out and the signals dropped to -30 and intermittent
      at these levels 1.5KW could be weak signal.
      My station is only capable of 100w on digital so will never work any
      with that bad
      of conditions but it is still weak signal.
      At the same time 1 watt with a +30 signal report is too much power.
      Roger