Re: [JT9digitalhams] KA##

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
      I'm not sure I'm understanding what your asking can you give me an example
      Ron VA7Hz
      On 4/2/2013 8:53 AM, ALBERT wrote:

      WHAT IS THE PURPOSE ON THE (KA) FOLLOWED BY A NUMBER AFTER YOU RECIEVE THE GRID SQUARE NUMBER ?

      --
      73 Ron VA7Hz
    • Albert Noble
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
        WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
          That is very unusual, the normal sequence should look like this
          CQ KN3A FN10
          KN3A VA7HZ CN79
          VA7HZ KN3A -6
          KN3A VA7HZ R-5
          VA7HZ KN3A RRR
          KN3A VA7HZ 73

          Why or where the KA64 came I'm not sure.  If it was supposed to be a grid square that Grid refers to Antarctica
          It might make sense(sort of) if he was operating from there, but it is definitely out of the norm. The only thing I can think of is the operator panicked and clicked on something he shouldn't have and it ended up there it's easy to do if your using an older version.

          Sorry I couldn't be anymore help
          73 Ron VA7Hz

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
            Maybe he was sending a corrected grid. Could be working portable while on vacation.

            Fred - KK5AA
            EM25xh

            --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, Albert Noble <aa1cz1954@...> wrote:

            > WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Jim Campbell
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
              Just for info, there is a file in C:\wsjtx named ALL.TXT. This is a text
              file and it contains a listing of all decoded information. I used it
              last night to check to see if I had forgotten to log a QSO.

              This is a snippet of information from ALL.TXT showing a contact between
              myself (W4BQP) and IZ8EFD.

              2136 10 -4 0.2 1225. -1 CQ IZ8EFD JN71
              2136 9 -13 -0.3 1304. -1 WA4GIF CT1FBK IM58
              2137 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP EM95
              2138 10 -11 0.0 1225. 0 W4BQP IZ8EFD -04
              2138 10 -14 -0.4 1304. 0 WA4GIF CT1FBK R+08
              2138 10 2 0.2 1373. 0 CQ KE1AF FN41
              2139 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP R-04
              2140 10 -11 0.0 1225. -1 W4BQP IZ8EFD RRR
              2140 10 -8 -0.4 1304. 1 22W DIPOLE 73
              2141 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP 73

              73,

              Jim - W4BQP
            • Bert - W0RSB
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                Grid KA64 appears to be in Antarctica, Latitude: -85.518924 Longitude: 32.962153, according to http://no.nonsense.ee/qthmap/

                --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "kk5aa_fred" <poppafred@...> wrote:

                > Maybe he was sending a corrected grid. Could be working portable while on vacation.
                >
                > Fred - KK5AA
                > EM25xh
                >

                > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, Albert Noble <aa1cz1954@> wrote:
                > >
                > > WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.

              • kk5aa_fred
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
                  Then he was sending something else!

                  Just a guess on my part.

                  No telling then, you would have to ask the sender.

                  Fred - KK5AA
                  EM25xh