TS-940 and JT9 question.

  • jeff29754
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Hi guys, wondering if anyone uses a Kenwood TS-940S for JT9/JT-65 and if so what interface they use. I'm thinking about getting the Signalink USB1 but it seems there's a choice of cable ..

      1: Connecting to the 13 pin ACC socket 2.
      2: Connecting to the 8-pin Mic socket.

      Which one do you use ?

      Cheers

      Jeff
      M1BCM
    • N9JCA Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        Don't know if there is a dealership in UK but West Mountain Radio has the Rigblaster Advantage Check under Accessories for the RIGHT Cables
        I have been using mine for 2 years now and never had a Problem  Took me less than 15 Minutes to put it together and get on the air         I have read about people that have an awful time connecting the Signalink to their Rig
        My 2c's worth
        N9JCA Chris EM68fb

        On 05/02/2013 12:37 AM, jeff29754 wrote:

        Hi guys, wondering if anyone uses a Kenwood TS-940S for JT9/JT-65 and if so what interface they use. I'm thinking about getting the Signalink USB1 but it seems there's a choice of cable ..

        1: Connecting to the 13 pin ACC socket 2.
        2: Connecting to the 8-pin Mic socket.

        Which one do you use ?

        Cheers

        Jeff
        M1BCM

      • Jim - N4ST
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2013
          I don't have a TS-940, and someone who does can give you a more specific
          answer, but in general you are better off connecting to the accessory socket
          than the microphone connector. No cables to swap and drive levels are
          usually independently set, so no fussing with that when you go between the
          microphone and digital. I have used the SignaLink USB with my Kenwood and
          my Ten-Tec Omni VII and never had a moment' s problem with it. Thousands of
          RTTY, PSK, JT65 & JT9 QSOs.

          ________
          Jim - N4ST