KA##

  • ALBERT
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
      WHAT IS THE PURPOSE ON THE (KA) FOLLOWED BY A NUMBER AFTER YOU RECIEVE THE GRID SQUARE NUMBER ?
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
        I'm not sure I'm understanding what your asking can you give me an example
        Ron VA7Hz

        --
        73 Ron VA7Hz
      • Albert Noble
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
          WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
            That is very unusual, the normal sequence should look like this
            CQ KN3A FN10
            KN3A VA7HZ CN79
            VA7HZ KN3A -6
            KN3A VA7HZ R-5
            VA7HZ KN3A RRR
            KN3A VA7HZ 73

            Why or where the KA64 came I'm not sure.  If it was supposed to be a grid square that Grid refers to Antarctica
            It might make sense(sort of) if he was operating from there, but it is definitely out of the norm. The only thing I can think of is the operator panicked and clicked on something he shouldn't have and it ended up there it's easy to do if your using an older version.

            Sorry I couldn't be anymore help
            73 Ron VA7Hz

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
              Maybe he was sending a corrected grid. Could be working portable while on vacation.

              Fred - KK5AA
              EM25xh

              --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, Albert Noble <aa1cz1954@...> wrote:

              > WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Jim Campbell
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                Just for info, there is a file in C:\wsjtx named ALL.TXT. This is a text
                file and it contains a listing of all decoded information. I used it
                last night to check to see if I had forgotten to log a QSO.

                This is a snippet of information from ALL.TXT showing a contact between
                myself (W4BQP) and IZ8EFD.

                2136 10 -4 0.2 1225. -1 CQ IZ8EFD JN71
                2136 9 -13 -0.3 1304. -1 WA4GIF CT1FBK IM58
                2137 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP EM95
                2138 10 -11 0.0 1225. 0 W4BQP IZ8EFD -04
                2138 10 -14 -0.4 1304. 0 WA4GIF CT1FBK R+08
                2138 10 2 0.2 1373. 0 CQ KE1AF FN41
                2139 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP R-04
                2140 10 -11 0.0 1225. -1 W4BQP IZ8EFD RRR
                2140 10 -8 -0.4 1304. 1 22W DIPOLE 73
                2141 Transmitting: IZ8EFD W4BQP 73

                73,

                Jim - W4BQP
              • Bert - W0RSB
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                  Grid KA64 appears to be in Antarctica, Latitude: -85.518924 Longitude: 32.962153, according to http://no.nonsense.ee/qthmap/

                  --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "kk5aa_fred" <poppafred@...> wrote:

                  > Maybe he was sending a corrected grid. Could be working portable while on vacation.
                  >
                  > Fred - KK5AA
                  > EM25xh
                  >

                  > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, Albert Noble <aa1cz1954@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > WHEN WORKING A STATION ON JT9 I GOT HIS GRID SQUARE NUMBER AND THE NEXT TX I GOT (KA64) AFTER HIS CALLSIGN.

                • kk5aa_fred
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2013
                    Then he was sending something else!

                    Just a guess on my part.

                    No telling then, you would have to ask the sender.

                    Fred - KK5AA
                    EM25xh