New LoTW TQSL Configuration File Accepts JT9

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2013
      If you aren't using Version 1.2 of the TQSL configuration file, you should be. It recognizes JT9 and allows you to upload your QSOs as JT9 and provides for confirmations as JT9 so that when you download to your logbook, they will match without having to do any manual mapping.

      Log into LoTW and go to Your Account<>Your Certificates and download the Current TQSL Configuration File. (currently V1.2 dated 28 Mar 2013). After downloading the file, double click it and it will patch your TQSL software and you will be ready to do.

      If you had previously edited your TQSL preferences to map JT9 to DATA, you should delete that mapping.

      As of right now, the WAS awards do not include separate endorsements for JT9, but I expect they are coming.
    • jim_k2qb
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
        Thanks for the info. I had mine mapped to Data and for whatever reasons any QSO's that I downloaded showed up as Not in the Log even though they were. Checking the download file the mode was listed as Data and everything else matched up so not sure why that happened. Hopefully the new certificate will fix that.

        --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <newsgroup@...> wrote:

        > If you aren't using Version 1.2 of the TQSL configuration file, you should be. It recognizes JT9 and allows you to upload your QSOs as JT9 and provides for confirmations as JT9 so that when you download to your logbook, they will match without having to do any manual mapping.
        >
        > Log into LoTW and go to Your Account<>Your Certificates and download the Current TQSL Configuration File. (currently V1.2 dated 28 Mar 2013). After downloading the file, double click it and it will patch your TQSL software and you will be ready to do.
        >
        > If you had previously edited your TQSL preferences to map JT9 to DATA, you should delete that mapping.
        >
        > As of right now, the WAS awards do not include separate endorsements for JT9, but I expect they are coming.

      • schwartzj22
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
          Jim-N4ST,

          My TQSL says Configuration Data V1.20. It does not have your stated reference to 28 Mar 2013. I am assuming I have the latest and greatest, correct?

          I too had JT9 mapped to data and all worked correctly. You are saying now I should delete this map and then JT9 will be sent as JT9 instead of data?

          Should I go back and resend all the JT9 QSOs that went in to LoTW as data so that they will now go into LoTW as JT9?

          Any help is appreciated,
          Joel - N3GSE

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
            Joel,

            Curious, because when I logon to LoTW and go to Your Account<>Your Certificates, the Version 1.2 of the TQSL Configuration File is dated March 28, 2013. In fact, here is a cut n' paste:

            Download current TQSL Configuration file (Version 1.20; last updated 2013-03-28 16:43Z)

            In any case, 1.2 is the latest version of the configuration data file. (There is a beta release of a new TQSL, but that is another topic).

            I'm no expert, just saying what I read and what worked for me. I deleted the mapping I had manually applied to the TQSL preferences and re-uploaded my JT9 QSOs and now they are shown on LoTW as JT9 and as other folks update their QSOs, I have more and more genuine JT9 confirmations showing up.

            Bear in mind that for the time being, they still count as DATA for awards, they just look better when I look at them. :-)
            And they actually match in my logbook when I download the confirmations.

            ___________
            Jim - N4ST

            --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "schwartzj22" <schwartzj22@...> wrote:

            > Jim-N4ST,
            >
            > My TQSL says Configuration Data V1.20. It does not have your stated reference to 28 Mar 2013. I am assuming I have the latest and greatest, correct?
            >
            > I too had JT9 mapped to data and all worked correctly. You are saying now I should delete this map and then JT9 will be sent as JT9 instead of data?
            >
            > Should I go back and resend all the JT9 QSOs that went in to LoTW as data so that they will now go into LoTW as JT9?
            >
            > Any help is appreciated,
            > Joel - N3GSE
            >

            > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <newsgroup@> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you aren't using Version 1.2 of the TQSL configuration file, you should be. It recognizes JT9 and allows you to upload your QSOs as JT9 and provides for confirmations as JT9 so that when you download to your logbook, they will match without having to do any manual mapping.
            > >
            > > Log into LoTW and go to Your Account<>Your Certificates and download the Current TQSL Configuration File. (currently V1.2 dated 28 Mar 2013). After downloading the file, double click it and it will patch your TQSL software and you will be ready to do.
            > >
            > > If you had previously edited your TQSL preferences to map JT9 to DATA, you should delete that mapping.
            > >
            > > As of right now, the WAS awards do not include separate endorsements for JT9, but I expect they are coming.

          • scollaysquarewriter
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
              I am looking at the LOTW site and it says:

              Current TrustedQSL software version: 1.13
              (Download)

              The link goes to the ARRL site with instructions for 1.13

              So where is 1.2?

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
                I was looking at the version of TQSL itself, which is still 1.13.

                Got it now

                --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "scollaysquarewriter" <WB2HTO@...> wrote:

                > I am looking at the LOTW site and it says:
                >
                > Current TrustedQSL software version: 1.13
                > (Download)
                >
                > The link goes to the ARRL site with instructions for 1.13
                >
                > So where is 1.2?
                >

                > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <newsgroup@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Joel,
                > >
                > > Curious, because when I logon to LoTW and go to Your Account<>Your Certificates, the Version 1.2 of the TQSL Configuration File is dated March 28, 2013. In fact, here is a cut n' paste:
                > >
                > > Download current TQSL Configuration file (Version 1.20; last updated 2013-03-28 16:43Z)
                > >
                > > In any case, 1.2 is the latest version of the configuration data file. (There is a beta release of a new TQSL, but that is another topic).
                > >
                > > I'm no expert, just saying what I read and what worked for me. I deleted the mapping I had manually applied to the TQSL preferences and re-uploaded my JT9 QSOs and now they are shown on LoTW as JT9 and as other folks update their QSOs, I have more and more genuine JT9 confirmations showing up.
                > >
                > > Bear in mind that for the time being, they still count as DATA for awards, they just look better when I look at them. :-)
                > > And they actually match in my logbook when I download the confirmations.
                > >
                > > ___________
                > > Jim - N4ST
                > >

                > > --- In JT9digitalhams@yahoogroups.com, "schwartzj22" <schwartzj22@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Jim-N4ST,
                > > >
                > > > My TQSL says Configuration Data V1.20. It does not have your stated reference to 28 Mar 2013. I am assuming I have the latest and greatest, correct?
                > > >
                > > > I too had JT9 mapped to data and all worked correctly. You are saying now I should delete this map and then JT9 will be sent as JT9 instead of data?
                > > >
                > > > Should I go back and resend all the JT9 QSOs that went in to LoTW as data so that they will now go into LoTW as JT9?
                > > >
                > > > Any help is appreciated,
                > > > Joel - N3GSE

              • Larry Mundinger
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
                  I just added:

                  <mode group="DATA">JT9</mode>

                  to config.xml in the modes section between <modes> and </modes>

                  I re-uploaded my JT9 QSOs and they show up on LoTW as JT9.

                  Larry. KG4Q
                • schwartzj22
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
                    I got it - thanks