Re: [JT9digitalhams] Introduction

  • Ed Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 3:44 AM
      Hi Julian!

      I believe that we have QSO'd before and I also remember an email exchange.

      I just joined this group and I am looking forward to some interesting discussions. My amateur radio web page is at:

      http://home.roadrunner.com/~ewilson/k0kc/

      Hello to everyone else on the list...I am sure that we have either worked already or will cross paths very soon. I believe that I have approximately 225 JT9 contacts to date.

      Ed, K0KC

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 6:59 AM
        Hello All,

        My names is Les and I live in Granbury, Texas which is about 40 miles south west of the Dallas Ft Worth area. My call is NA5AA, my previous call was KA0MCS which I received while stationed in South Dakota with the Air Force. I have been licensed since the late 1970's but took a 20 year break from the hobby, returning to amateur radio in 2011 when I retired.

        I enjoy working any of the digital modes, PSK31, RTTY, Olivia, etc., but really enjoy JT65 and JT9. I seldom work anything other then the digital modes because my hearing isn't too good and I have a hard time understanding people on SSB. I do work D-STAR on UHF/VHF and have a Raspberry PI dedicated to running my DVAP for D-STAR.

        Looking forward to learning more about the JT9 mode.

        Thanks Les de NA5AA
      • planet_ka1gmn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 2:27 PM
          Hey Les,