523Re: [JT9digitalhams] JT9 WAS?

  • scottpa1960
    Apr 3, 2014
      Ed - yes, you are one from the early days of JT9. I totally agree with all the comments you made about it. I too found for a long time that 20 and 30 meters seemed to be the only two bands that JT9 was really used, but thankfully that has expanded to all the bands too. Ron (VA7HZ) and I both had started the JT65digitalhams Yahoo group and it grew by leaps and bounds, still a very popular spot for JT65 conversation, anyway, we both thought that JT9 would explode from the start and that's why we created this group. While it has grown a lot it isn't nearly what I had expected to date. I think it's going to be popular for a long time to come, but JT65 still seems to be the mode of choice for many. I too use the WSJT-X and get the best of both worlds so I do monitor both with one piece of software instead of JT65-HF or it's reincarnations.

      Looking at my LoTW stats, I have 33 states confirmed on JT9, which means I better get cracking because the stats people are posting here are phenomenal. Great job everyone!

      73 Scott
      KN3A
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic