355Awful time TX for JT9-1

  • Bill Kasper
    Jun 8, 2013
      Hi All,

      I am having an awful time setting up TX for
      JT9-1 and it has a slight 'tick' every few
      seconds. Receive is about perfect as I can
      decode nearly everything I can see.

      Just answered a CQ:

      1905 -12 -0.1 1585 CQ KJ6RGX EM27
      190601 Tx: KJ6RGX WB2SXY FN13
      1907 -14 -0.3 1585 CQ KJ6RGX EM27
      190801 Tx: KJ6RGX WB2SXY FN13
      1909 -16 -0.2 1585 SRI NO DECODE
      1911 -14 -0.3 1585 PSE TRY AGN
      191201 Tx: KJ6RGX WB2SXY FN13
      1913 -17 -0.1 1585 SRI NO DECODE
      1915 -12 -0.3 1585 CQ KJ6RGX EM27

      I am having a rough time setting up my tx for JT9,
      was running around 8 and then 16 watts.
      As you can see I was decoding just fine, and
      my clock was close to his; showing him as only
      -0.1 to -0.3 sec DT.

      Details:
      WSJT-X v 1.0 r3323
      Windoze Vista (Home Premium), 32 bit OS
      AMD Athlon dual-Core QL-62, 2.00GHZ
      RAM: 2.00GB
      TX: Icom IC-756pro2, Donner interface
      I run the sound card Volume Mixer at 30%;
      JT65 and other digi modes usually at 50%

      I have gone through the setup many times and
      seem to be able to decode every signal I can see.
      am I just TX too weak for the paths??

      I run all other digi modes just fine, JT65 works
      great. I can decode JT65 to -27 when the band is
      stable.

      What is the problem ??? Suggestions please
      for troubleshooting this -- I would like to
      use JT9 more; I had better luck with a VERY OLD
      version.

      tnx es 73 de Bill K WB2SXY sk dit dit

      -----
      No virus found in this message.