288Re: [JT9digitalhams] Re: Warning on HamSpots

  • Laurie, VK3AMA
    May 2, 2013
      Its not being anal.

      When I see the same Station, nearly everyday spotting for hours on end
      on the wrong band, it is obvious that the spots are of no interest to
      the Spotting station. The Spots are worthless to everyone else. In these
      situations, the Callsign gets blocked.

      I am not blocking Callsigns that change bands and take a few tx/rx
      cycles before they make the correction.

      It is the Stations who repeatedly set the wrong band and have had
      previous temporary blocks of their callsigns that get on the permanent
      block list.
      At this time, there are only 2 callsigns permanently blocked. Neither
      Owner has responded to an advise email I sent.

      I'm not forcing anyone to use HamSpots and direct spots to HamSpots from
      JT-Alert is a user settable option that can be disabled. But if people
      want to spot, then there is an expectation that the spots are of some
      value to the users of the site.

      de Laurie VK3AMA

      On 3/05/2013 3:08 AM, Wes Linscott wrote:
      > It's called "being human". It has happened to me on several occasions
      > on JT65 when I changed bands and forgot to make the change in the
      > JT65-HF application. I don't believe anyone does it intentionally. I
      > should hope we won't get too anal about this.
      > Wes W1LIC
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic