Lunch & Learn and More!

  • Robbie Hurwitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006
      Message
      1. Lunch & Learn
      2. Graduation
      3. Take My Job ... Please!

      Lunch & Learn
      Our weekly Lunch & Learn continues tomorrow (Monday) at 12:30 in room 2442.  First timers are always welcome!  Rabbi Aryeh will lead us in a discussion of modern Jewish law.  Free kosher lunch.

      Graduation
      The administration decided to move graduation from 4:00pm to 3:30pm.  Although we were arguing for a larger adjustment, we do believe that this will slightly ease the burden for graduates and guests who traditionally observe Shabbat.  Thank you to everybody who signed the petition, wrote letters, and met with the administration.

      Take My Job ... Please!
      Ok, so I'm no Henny Youngman, but I do have a great job available and it can be yours!  JLSA has the potential to do a lot of great things.  Our programming runs the gamut from social events (potluck Shabbat dinners and brown bag lunches with professors), to educational programs (weekly Lunch & Learn), Zionist programs (studying abroad in Israel), cultural events (American Friends of Hebrew University dinner with Sen. John Edwards), and student activism (changing graduation timing).  As the next leader of JLSA, you will have the opportunity to determine JLSA's vision, goals, and programs.  Send an email to JLSA@... to learn more about leadership opportunities.