Games day today

  • Welford
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2007
      Once again, a great success with a huge turnout and lots of stuff going
      on. Lots of old faces (hi Ryan) and some new faces (hi Sergio), not to
      mention a few younglings bouncing around.

      Once again, huge thanks to Nick and Matt for organising. It's great to
      see the meeting chemistry working so well after the fallow years.

      And a special mention to Chris for coming so far again.

      Cheers,
      ATW
    • Ninpuu Kamui Gaiden
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 23, 2007
        Sorry to resurrect an old threat, but I'd just like to clarify that by "they do not seem too difficult to install if you have some electronics and/or soldiering experience" I meant "do NOT try this at home if you don't know what you are doing" :)

        On 14/12/2007, Todd Brayer <VolCanon2@...> wrote:

         I would recommend against trying to solder something if you dont know anything about it, as you could easily brick (video gamer's term for "make unusable") your Wii. I dont know anybody in Japan personally, but I believe most stores that stock the mod chips will also do installations for an extra fee. A lot of the pirate merchants depend on repeat customers so they are less likely to burn you than a huge store like yodabashi (that is, if they sold and installed modchips ha ha).

        To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
        From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:26:52 +0000
        Subject: [JIGG] Re: OT: Wii

        I bought a mod-chip in HK and tried to solder it myself--was not able
        to do it. I'm actually looking for a provider in Japan to do it for
        me if anyone knows of such a shop/person.

        --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, "Ninpuu Kamui Gaiden" <ninpuukamui@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > These days you can buy modchips for most machines that allow you to
        play
        > "backup" games (that you can download for free) and games from any
        region,
        > and usually have very detailed guides. A quick search in google
        returned
        > this website: http://www.wii-modchips.com/. I have never used this
        kind of
        > chips myself, but they do not seem too difficult to install if you
        have some
        > electronics and/or soldiering experience. If you decide to buy one,
        > recommend www.consolesource.com, I've used them in the past from
        the UK and
        > they are quick, reliable, and much cheaper than anyone else (for
        GBA stuff,
        > don't know for other things).
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sergio.
        >
        > On 10/12/2007, Walter Krumholz <arvedui_jp@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > You can get your Wii-modded (so that it will play both
        > > US and Japanese software) easily in Hong Kong or
        > > Singpore. I have heard rumors that some shops here do
        > > it also, but it is quite expensive (particularly given
        > > the price of the Wii itself).
        > > --- akalamduk <kevyndayo2@... <kevyndayo2%40yahoo.co.jp>> wrote:
        > >
        > > > --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com <JIGG%40yahoogroups.com>, chris
        zanella

        > > > X-mas for Nephew
        > > > from here.
        > > >
        > > > That's a pain.
        > > >
        > > > However, here's something to consider:
        > > >
        > > > Some years ago, just after PS2 first came out, a
        > > > friend of mine picked
        > > > up a little do-hickey in Akihabara that plugged into
        > > > the back somewhere
        > > > and made his PS2 able to read games from any region.
        > > > There may be
        > > > something similar available for Wii.
        > > >
        > > > No, I don't know how legal such a do-hickey is.
        > > > Possibly not at all,
        > > > though that seems unlikely.

        > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

        HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!