Re: MTG: 9th Edition League?

  • flyingricepaddy
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2005
      Kate and I (and maybe even a temporary third) are in.

      -Toby.
    • greatpowers
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
        I think you should bring some juice. Maybe that is just me though eh,
        hoser.

        Kevin--- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Refik Cosic <nights222@y...> wrote:
        > If I get a chance I will also bring some 9ed.
        >
        > Jus
        >
        > --- cs_hargraves <cs_hargraves@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Well if others are interested I'll have my 5 9ed
        > > boosters ready to go
        > > on Wednesday for a bit of a league.
        > >
        > > Craig
        > >
        > > --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Lucas
        > > <venzich@y...> wrote:
        > > > Hi All,
        > > >
        > > > Just interested to know if anyone wants to have a
        > > go at a 9th Ed
        > > league, when it comes out. Thought it'd be kinda fun
        > > to play just with
        > > the pure white borders. What do you think, Ron?
        > > Would we have to beg
        > > extra hard?
        > > >
        > > > Stephen.
        > > >

        > > > Send instant messages to your online friends
        > > http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Refik Cosic
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
          Kevin,

          You talk pretty big for a guy who was lights out at 10
          p.m. of his own convention! I'll bring the juice
          though, but the real question is "Can you handle it?"

          Jus

          --- greatpowers <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > I think you should bring some juice. Maybe that is
          > just me though eh,
          > hoser.
          >
          > Kevin--- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Refik Cosic
          > <nights222@y...> wrote:
          > > If I get a chance I will also bring some 9ed.
          > >
          > > Jus
          > >
          > > --- cs_hargraves <cs_hargraves@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Well if others are interested I'll have my 5 9ed
          > > > boosters ready to go
          > > > on Wednesday for a bit of a league.
          > > >
          > > > Craig
          > > >
          > > > --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Lucas

          > have a
          > > > go at a 9th Ed
          > > > league, when it comes out. Thought it'd be kinda
          > fun
          > > > to play just with
          > > > the pure white borders. What do you think, Ron?
          > > > Would we have to beg
          > > > extra hard?

          > > > http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

          > protection around
          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • greatpowers
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
            -Ouch! Bringin` up the 10PM bedtime thing again are we varmint?
            I needed my beauty sleep, so I could look good for the negotiations
            of the next days Fantasy Flight game. Didn`t help me much, I still
            got stomped! I like your special juice, it seems to give me muscles
            or somethin!

            Kev

            -- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Refik Cosic <nights222@y...> wrote:
            > Kevin,
            >
            > You talk pretty big for a guy who was lights out at 10
            > p.m. of his own convention! I'll bring the juice
            > though, but the real question is "Can you handle it?"
            >
            > Jus
            >
            > --- greatpowers <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            >
            > > I think you should bring some juice. Maybe that is
            > > just me though eh,
            > > hoser.
            > >
            > > Kevin--- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, Refik Cosic
            > > <nights222@y...> wrote:
            > > > If I get a chance I will also bring some 9ed.
            > > >
            > > > Jus

            > > have a
            > > fun

            > > protection around
            > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • rovanW
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 25, 2005
              Is this league running? Will there be more? I like limited formats
              and would be interested in playing. Where do you all meet?

              Thanks,
              Chris
            • cs_hargraves
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 26, 2005
                Hi Chris,

                The league is kinda going... A few people have decks although it
                really isn't being organized or tracked. It's more just a chance to
                play games in a limited environment.

                In the last couple of weeks there's been some 9E drafting happening.
                We often have spare boosters if you don't have any at the time. Feel
                free to come along and join in.

                And the location is Shakeys Pizza in Takadanobaba. It's near the
                station. If you can find KFC it's close to there on the opposite side
                of the road. We're usually there from 7pm - 11pm.

                See you soon.

                Craig
                (who isn't anyone official...)

                --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, "rovanW" <dfiend@p...> wrote:
                > Is this league running? Will there be more? I like limited formats
                > and would be interested in playing. Where do you all meet?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Chris
              • rovanW
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 27, 2005
                  Hi Craig,
                  Whereabouts is Takadanobaba? I'm not too familiar with the Yokohama
                  area.

                  I'll try to make it this week if possible--work is killing me.

                  Chris
                • cs_hargraves
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 6 7:45 AM
                    Hi Chris,

                    Sorry for the late reply.

                    Takadanobaba is two stops north of Shinjuku on the Yamanote line.

                    Now please excuse these directions because I suck at giving directions
                    but here goes anyway:

                    If you are riding the Yamanote train from Shinjuku get on the very
                    last carriage of the train. Get off at Taka... and go down the nearest
                    stairs (to your right) to exit the station. Out of the ticket gates
                    turn left and walk to the end of the underpass. At the end turn left
                    and walk up the ramp to street level. Keep walking straight ahead
                    until the street turns right (you'll walk past a convenience store on
                    the right and the street turns just behind a big cube building called
                    "The Cube"). Walk for twenty metres to the main street and Shakey's is
                    on the corner to your right.

                    I hope you can follow that and sorry again for the very late reply.

                    Craig

                    PS If someone has a map or something it might be good to upload it to
                    the files section of the group.

                    --- In JIGG@yahoogroups.com, "rovanW" <dfiend@p...> wrote:
                    > Hi Craig,
                    > Whereabouts is Takadanobaba? I'm not too familiar with the Yokohama
                    > area.
                    >
                    > I'll try to make it this week if possible--work is killing me.
                    >
                    > Chris
                  • rovanW
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 9 6:25 AM
                      Craig,
                      Thanks. I'm out of the country at the moment, but I will return and
                      am definitely interested in getting back into Magic. I would like to
                      play a 9th or Ravnica league although not quite sure if my schedule
                      will allow any sort of regular gaming.

                      I imagine my best bet is to show up at Shakey's and see what's going
                      on. Thanks again.

                      Chris