Re: Howdy

  • japanesesandman8
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
      I am indeed the friend of Mike, and I have indeed found the Yellow Sub
      in Shinjuku (and the comic shop near it). When I lived in Kanagawa I
      often frequented the Yellow Submarine in Machida city, but it was
      rather small.
      Oh, by the way...When I said I had Mondays off, I was SO wrong. I
      actually meant Fridays and Saturdays... Im a dork.

      --- In JIGG@y..., "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <tenchu@z...> wrote:
      > Hey- This wouldn't happen to be the friend of Mike Gentry, aka The
      Most Evil Man
      > in the Universe?
      >
      > Welcome to Japan (although I'm not there anymore, but I can't help
      lurking). As
      > Mike M and the rest can attest, your best chances of finding a game
      come when
      > you bite down and run one. Maybe that will help.
      >
      > Anyway, good luck!
      > -Andy
      >
      > ps- Have you found the Shinjuku Yellow Sub yet?
    • izul hizan
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2002
        there`s a comic book shop near the shinjuku yellow sub? i didn`t know there
        are one there? did they sell Western comic books or just japanese manga?

        >From: "japanesesandman8" <japanesesandman8@...>
        >To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [JIGG] Re: Howdy
        >Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:36:07 -0000
        >
        >I am indeed the friend of Mike, and I have indeed found the Yellow Sub
        >in Shinjuku (and the comic shop near it). When I lived in Kanagawa I
        >often frequented the Yellow Submarine in Machida city, but it was
        >rather small.
        >Oh, by the way...When I said I had Mondays off, I was SO wrong. I
        >actually meant Fridays and Saturdays... Im a dork.
        >
        >--- In JIGG@y..., "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <tenchu@z...> wrote:
        > > Hey- This wouldn't happen to be the friend of Mike Gentry, aka The
        >Most Evil Man
        > > in the Universe?
        > >
        > > Welcome to Japan (although I'm not there anymore, but I can't help
        >lurking). As
        > > Mike M and the rest can attest, your best chances of finding a game
        >come when
        > > you bite down and run one. Maybe that will help.
        > >
        > > Anyway, good luck!
        > > -Andy
        > >
        > > ps- Have you found the Shinjuku Yellow Sub yet?

        "who slips into my body and whispers to my ghost?"

      • japanesesandman8
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
          Well My direction sense is a bit off, but if you walk away from
          Starbucks and take the first left (past Y.S) it is in a multileveled
          shop. First floor is mainly Powerpuff Girls goods, second or third
          floor is Western toys and Western comics

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2002
            Thanks for the direction
            i try to go there when i go to tokyo again

            thanks

            >From: "japanesesandman8" <japanesesandman8@...>
            >To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [JIGG] Re: Howdy
            >Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:49:57 -0000
            >
            >Well My direction sense is a bit off, but if you walk away from
            >Starbucks and take the first left (past Y.S) it is in a multileveled
            >shop. First floor is mainly Powerpuff Girls goods, second or third
            >floor is Western toys and Western comics
            >

            >--- In JIGG@y..., "izul hizan" <izul@h...> wrote:
            > > there`s a comic book shop near the shinjuku yellow sub? i didn`t
            >know there
            > > are one there? did they sell Western comic books or just japanese manga?

            "who slips into my body and whispers to my ghost?"

          • David Lee
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 4, 2002
              Hi

              I live in Nara city and I have been running a small
              blood bowl league (just four teams). If there is
              anybody out there who would like to join in please,
              drop me a mail. It is a very informal group and we
              meet and play when it is good for everyone.

              David

              http://uk.my.yahoo.com
            • Colin Turner
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 4, 2002
                >Hi
                >I live in Nara city and I have been running a small
                >blood bowl league (just four teams). If there is
                >anybody out there who would like to join in please,
                >drop me a mail. It is a very informal group and we
                >meet and play when it is good for everyone.

                David,

                I would like to join in, but can't until late August or so. I'm totally new
                to the game, but should have my halfling team painted by then. I've got a
                chaos dwarf team coming in the mail, too.. someday (surface mail).

                I live in Hyogo-ken, near Himeji, but Nara's not too far for the occasional
                trip!

                Colin

              • David Lee
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 5, 2002
                  Hi all

                  I am currrently playing in a warhammer fantasy
                  roleplay game, we are searching for other players. In
                  the Osaka area. We play on Saturdays.

                  David

                  http://uk.my.yahoo.com
                • Samuel Brown
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 7, 2002
                    I've just written a standalone adventure. It uses
                    the GURPS system, and requires nothing more than a
                    copy of the Basic Set. I'm submitting the adventure
                    to Pyramid magazine, but would like for someone other
                    than me to evaluate it with a playtest run. (aka a
                    "blind" playtest, without the designer there) Can I
                    interest anyone here in running the adventure at the
                    next JIGG meeting?

                    S.

                    http://sbc.yahoo.com
                  • Gregory McCallum
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 8, 2002
                      Hello all,
                      Are there any Bloodbowl players in Tokyo? I have
                      enough minis for four teams(others can borrow) and I
                      have all the current rules up to BloodBowl Mag. #(are
                      there more?)
                      It would be nice to start a league if there are
                      players around.

                      Let me know,
                      Steve

                      --- David Lee <davidlivinginjapan@...> wrote:
                      > Hi
                      >
                      > I live in Nara city and I have been running a small
                      > blood bowl league (just four teams). If there is
                      > anybody out there who would like to join in please,
                      > drop me a mail. It is a very informal group and we
                      > meet and play when it is good for everyone.
                      >
                      > David

                      > http://uk.my.yahoo.com

                      http://sbc.yahoo.com
                    • lyraenos
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 7, 2002
                        --- In JIGG@y..., Gregory McCallum <steveimac1@y...> wrote:
                        > Hello all,
                        > Are there any Bloodbowl players in Tokyo? I have
                        > enough minis for four teams(others can borrow) and I
                        > have all the current rules up to BloodBowl Mag. #(are
                        > there more?)
                        > It would be nice to start a league if there are
                        > players around.
                        >
                        > Let me know,
                        > Steve

                        Steve,

                        I've been talking about some of the new teams (Lizardmen, Amazons...)
                        with some of my buddies down here at Camp Zama...and we'd like to get
                        a league started again. Leagues are soooo much better than one-off
                        games, especially with bloodbowl! I actually got side-tracked for
                        about 3 hours at Games Day this year because this guy needed an
                        opponent! Thrud was on my side! ;)

                        Where down here at Camp Zama though!? I'd wouldn't mind coming up to
                        Tokyo a couple of Sundays a month. With everyone's work
                        schedules...I know that sometimes these things just don't work out.
                        We've played Mordheim and Necromunda as well...if you're interested.

                        LMK either way...maybe we can get something going.

                        James
                      • lyraenos
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 7, 2002
                          --- In JIGG@y..., "japanesesandman8" <japanesesandman8@h...> wrote:
                          > Hey there, Im a gamer geek living in the Tokyo area. A friend of
                          mine
                          > just pointed me to this place, so I thought I would introduce
                          myself.
                          > Always willing to play somthing when time permits.

                          Well, I've got the Gamer's Gathering and my MERP campaign.

                          LMK...you're welcome to join in on either.

                          Laterz,

                          James