Re: [JIGG] Reminder - Gamer's Gathering

  • Panamaroff Family
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
      Mike. Are you out there?

      Did you get my little package?

      DYP
    • zombu
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
        I know it's past the Thursday deadline that was mentioned, but I think that
        I will be able to go to the gamers' gathering Saturday. Where the hell is
        Camp Zama? Is this someplace easy to get to from Narita? Should I bring
        any D&D books, a character, a Vampire scenario, beer, cheese snacks?
        Daniel
      • lyraenos
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2002
          --- In JIGG@y..., "zombu" <zombu@l...> wrote:
          > I know it's past the Thursday deadline that was mentioned, but I
          think that
          > I will be able to go to the gamers' gathering Saturday. Where the
          hell is
          > Camp Zama? Is this someplace easy to get to from Narita? Should I
          bring
          > any D&D books, a character, a Vampire scenario, beer, cheese snacks?
          > Daniel

          Daniel,

          Dude...it's too late. I just notified the Army Community Service
          that they can throw the keys to the big room into the pit of death
          and let the champions of both the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts duel for
          it. :)

          We're just getting together in a smaller room now to play some Magic
          and I'm going to run my Middle Earth campaign. Camp Zama is not easy
          to get to from Narita...it will be hours before you get here. I'm
          not even sure of the route myself (by train that is). You'd need the
          help of some of others from the list I'm afraid. I do know it's 45-
          50 minute ride from Shinjuku on the Odakyu line.

          We're also going up to visit the Hobby Shops (Yellow Subs primarily)
          in Shibuya and Shinjuku on Sunday. Then we're gonna cap the evening
          by have a few drinks at the Dubliners (Shinjuku)...all are welcome to
          show up and join in.

          Sorry about the timing. Next month it's on the 21st (Sept). It
          should be bigger cuz I'm putting little ads up at all the Yellow Subs
          on Sunday!

          Regards,

          James
        • Mike Jarosz
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2002
            any out there want to play re vamped better rules for heor clix marvel vrs
            dc?

            >From: JIGG@yahoogroups.com Reply-To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com
            >To: JIGG@yahoogroups.com Subject: [JIGG] Reminder - Gamer's Gathering
            >Date: 16 Oct 2002 01:02:27 -0000
            >

            >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
            >
            >Gamer's Gathering
            >
            >Date: Saturday, October 19, 2002
            >Time: 10:00AM - 10:00PM JST (GMT+09:00)
            >
            >Come out and enjoy a day of games! Bring what you'd like to
            >play or ask what's brewing and join in. I can be contacted thru
            >the JIGG list or email me at shade@...,
            >james.keller@... or call me at 046-252-8099 /
            >090-6107-5899. Don't worry I'll contact the list again and
            >there will be reminders. Take it easy, James

            Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.� Try MSN!
          • Nagochan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
              Hello James, this is Yuji.

              It had been a bit tight schedule lately, but March seems a bit
              looser. So if possible, can you please inform the March schedule
              a bit earlier? Because a couple of Japanese gamers also would
              like to come, and they need to schedule a bit ahead.

              Yuji
            • J. Andrew Kitkowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
                Hey all, Andy K from the States here (formerly from Gunma)-

                I'm basically getting the word out about this event I'm hosting called the
                "2002 Indie RPG Awards". It's basically an award and a series of sub-awards
                that go out to folks who published a complete RPG or supplement by
                themselves, out-of-pocket, with no corporate sponsorship. If you're
                interested in these kind of unique games, check out my site- I've got a
                growing list of all the indies games that came out last year:
                http://www.rpg-awards.com

                Anyway, the reason that I'm advertising (? More like getting the word out,
                since I'm not really selling anything) this here on this list is because
                when I lived in Japan, I didn't have enough money to constantly get new
                games from Yellow Sub or have them imported from the states. Those were the
                years that I really became interested in the new wave of publishing, Indies
                RPGs, because a lot of them were very cheap and most of them were in PDF
                form- Slight Letter/A4 differences aside, I was able to get into some real
                interesting, even "cutting edge" games by use of my Inaka ISDN like and
                credit card.

                Since I came back to the states in 2000, these games have been getting a lot
                better, more refined, and much more interesting. If you're stuck now in the
                same sort of financial/cultural situation I was in, I highly recommend
                checking out a couple of these games. They're fun, and the perfect kinds of
                one-shot games to play with friends or strangers at JIGG events and the
                like.

                Thanks!
                -Andy

                ps- That link was above, but here it is again: http://www.rpg-awards.com

                The site with the 2002 Indies game list on it is
                http://www.rpg-awards.com/rpga/current.shtml
              • Yoshi
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 18, 2003
                  Where is it ?